• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What base and rings for Savage 93?

johnstonblake

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
Texas
I'm doing some upgrades and need a new base and a set of rings for my Savage 9393R17 FVSS in 17HMR. Any suggestions?

I'd like a picatinny style base. The scope is a 30mm tube and has a 44mm objective.

Thanks!

Re: What base and rings for Savage 93?

well, my 93fv came with very low bases already... used extra high rings and my 50mm scope barely clears

If you want a rail type base, the DIP ones have a good reputation

Re: What base and rings for Savage 93?

I agree the DIP one piece bases have gotten great reviews and you can get them in 20MOA or 25MOA to make longer shots easier on your scope.

For rings it depends on your gun and what range you shoot at. The Burris sig Vee rings also allow you to add MOA to your scope and mount it stress free. If your shooting at short ranges, say 100 yards or less then you have no need to worry about any MOA changes and can just find what ever ring clears your scope in a price you like.

My scope is 44mm objective and to mount it on the stock bases i needed extra high weaver rings.