• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Bipod on your AI Stock

What Bipod on your AI Stock

• Harris

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Atlas

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
I just put a Harris on the 2.0 it almost feels like its too far back towards meand might take more care stabilizing it on target.

Last edited:
Atlas BT -10 mounted on a Big Dog Steel spigot. I'm waiting for my PSR in OD green.

I have both the atlas bipod with the spigot and the big dog steel spigot with an LRA f-class bipod on the way.
With my 30" barrel I had the same issues you did.

AICS? AIAX?

All things being equal, I'd take a Harris any day over an Atlas, way faster to deploy & stow.

AICS? AIAX?

All things being equal, I'd take a Harris any day over an Atlas, way faster to deploy & stow.

Thought I might be the odd man out..lol.

But yeah, used the Atlas for a while, and found that it was heavy, and I was constantly fiddling with it trying to get it just right when out shooting with it. Eventually went back to a harris.

Harris 6-9 or 9-13swivel notch. My bud has an atlas, it's nice, but i prefer to lock the swivel and the Harris notch leg adjustment is easier and quicker. Where my range is we can shoot to 1340 yds, only negative is that the shooting position is running downhill slightly. Bipods always need to be out extended longer then when on flat ground, his atlas, when extended, seem to have sloppy legs. Not my cup of tea for a 250.00 bipod.

I have several Harris on my hunting rifles. Have an Atlas on my AX and wouldnt consider anything else. Excellent product.

I currently have 5 Harris and 3 Atlas. On my AICSs, I'm running both. Don't really know if I want to spend the money to get another Atlas and spigot when the Harris is working well for me.

I agree with Where's-Waldo, that the Harris is quicker to deploy, adjust (notched) and stow.

Last edited:
I prefer the GG&G over the Atlas. The Atlas had to be pre-loaded more. The GG&G was an ultra tight fit on the big dog steel spigot.

I just put a Harris on the 2.0 it almost feels like its too far back towards meand might take more care stabilizing it on target.

I suggest getting the Big dog steel spigot mount along with the Harris mount that you can get with it. You can keep you Harris but have it much further out, and get rid of that feeling that it's not stable enough where the original mount is.

Link to big dog steel: Gen II AI Spigot Rail System

Iv had the parker and hale bipod, too noisy and flipped open all the time,never liked it,Iv had a harris on mine and had no arguments with it and have harris on my other rifles, Iv got a atlas on it now and I think its there to stay.
fc1stz.jpg

I've noticed nobody has mentioned Versapod. Are they not as good?