• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What boots are you wearing?

My Kenetrek mountain extremes were returned to me yesterday, after a 7 week vacation to have new soles installed. When I put them on last night for work, I was like; hello old friend!

Reactions: DIBBS
Old skool Vans, or Hey Dudes.

Going about casual, in your daily life with a 3lb, 8in boot with a Vibram Big Lug sole is nuts.

614F922B-0C86-4BD9-B6CA-FBA7225AFB1C.jpeg
614F922B-0C86-4BD9-B6CA-FBA7225AFB1C.jpeg

Old skool Vans, or Hey Dudes.

Going about casual, in your daily life with a 3lb, 8in boot with a Vibram Big Lug sole is nuts.
I wore Vans, back in the day! I have flat feet & deteriorating ankles. I walk 12 hr shifts on concrete. I tried an expensive "work shoe", I wore them out after 3-4 months. My boots are so comfortable, I wear them pretty much all the time.

Danners
La Sportiva
Salomon
Asolo

Never been a fan of really tall boots.
Would add Scarpa to this list. I have elk hunted in some pretty nasty mountain conditions in Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX boots and they are great.

Danner Acadia since 2010, one of the most comfortable boots i have ever owned. They are broken in like an old pair of running shoes and just about due for a resole or replacement.
Danner Pronghorn with 1600 grams thinsulate for stand and still hunting when a lot of walking isnt necessary.
Had a pair of the oakley duty boots or their version fit like a pair of tennis shoes and very confortable until i blew the side of one out, should have got a wide size.
Cant say enough good about the American made danners.
Been itching to try out a pair of Krispi next.

Got a pair of Keens for work, usually last 6 to 8 months. I had a pair of theirs a couple years ago the soles split under my foot toe knuckle and they gave me credit under warranty.

I've got some worn out Merrell tactial boots for running when I'm not in the shoes.

And my favorite, a pair of 40 year old Austrian military boots I've had since I was a teenager I was able to get resolved a couple years ago by probably the last cobbler on earth.

I like my Iron Rangers when I don't have to worry about water or slick surfaces. Otherwise I've got a pair of Red Wing steel toes for work and some Under Armor high tops I wear in the yard or riding my FZ1.

I've been wearing Danners since before I moved to Texas. My Wife talke me into spending money on a pair of good boots instead of the mechanix boots or walmart boots I had been wearing. The first time I put on Danners at Throughway Mart in upstate NY I knew they were nice. 10.5 double wide EE. That would have been between 2007 and 2011. We moved to Texas in June 2012
Just looked and the last time I bought work boots was 2018, 3 pair at once. I am definatly due for new ones. There is no tread left. I am pretty heavy, Dr Scholls heavy duty insoles are awesome. Danner Radical 452 and Dr Scholls are fantastic.
My hiking/hunting/match boots are Danner Fullbore. I like them a lot.
Weird. I just looked up my boots and it says the black ones are Body fluid borne pathogen resistant and the tan ones that I have are not...
Oh, and the brown ones aren't water proof...
702774664.jpg

Iv'e been wearing thes for 12+ years. If you have wide feet and are heavier I would 100% suggest these.

Yes, prices went up on boots..... Prices have gone up on primers, powder, guns, gas, rent, alcohol, hookers.... you name it.
Boots/feet are the foundation of your body. I can 100% say that good boots and insoles make a huge impact on my life.

Reactions: Southernspeed
I'm a fan of the Zamberlan 104 Lynx Mid GTX. I'm a new bowhunter as of 2019 but I take shed hunting pretty serious and the boots have held up better than anything I've ran so far (Danner, UA, Merril, & Vasques).

After 3 years of pretty hard abuse, I wore through the soles and just picked up a new pair.

Yesterday in my Ariats. Most days are Ariat or Justin cowboy work boots. Liking the sound of the Danners mentioned above though for the summer in shorts!
A77B6632-638F-4A39-91AB-590A23F60AE9.jpeg

I ruck 300-350 miles a year training for the SAC and then competing. 45# in the bag. My feet are blister factories. I’ve tried virtually everything in the last ten years. Someone suggested Garmont last spring as I was getting started for the year. Absolute magic. I rucked every mile in them and got exactly 3 blisters, all during the race itself (Probably 45 miles for my teammate and me). They held up so well I’ll almost certainly run the same pair again this year. Uphill traction is good. More importantly, the sharp leading edge of the heel makes downhill traction good as well. They make all kinds of boots (including wide sizes, a rarity for Italian brands). This is the one I’m using.

At the moment I'm wearing an extremely worn out pair of Thorogood's, made just before they got a new CEO who ruined the brand. Their "brand" was American made shoes, made the same styles, the same way, for damn near forever. So what's the new guy do? Change all that!

These may be too far gone, I don't think I can have them resoled another time. They made this boot for 90 years, I buy a pair and they stop.

Due for another pair of boots. Looking into the Crispi Monaco GTX. Cant seem to find my color and size available. Anyone have a good site they can recommend? Even Crispi website is limited on Color and size.

Typically if I’m outside I wear Salomon’s or vans ultrarange mde

If I’m inside I might wear Salomon’s if no linoleum at all is present..Salomon’s absolutely suck on damp or wet linoleum!!! So I usually switch to merrells or the vans!

Slip resistant doesn’t mean shit when it comes to wet linoleum or tile..if it doesn’t say oil slip resistant your going down…I’ve seen teams ice skate during entry due to Salomon’s and wet tile or linoleum

Reactions: lariat
Over the years I have worn Irish Setters, Red Wings, Danners, Solomon, and Vasque etc... They are all good, but the best boot I've found is the one I currently wear: Scarpa. They make everything from mountaineering boots to light day hikers.

Last edited:
viberg boots if you want something that’s rebuildable and lasts awhile. Going on 7 years now.

Attachments

• IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 30