• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What boots??????

mcc308

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2012
Hi Guys,

I was wondering what you find to be the most comfortable boots? I have a problem finding boots that are very comfortable.
I have found the Rocky Mauraders to be the most comfortable, but they are very hard to find. They are only sold by Gander mountain and are sesonal. I have tried many brands over the years and none are as comfortable as the Rocky's.

I have some foot problems and had cutom orthodics made to my feet. I am also on my feet all day and really hate sneakers!

Thanks Chris

I've spent a lot of money ordering boots just to find what fits and works. You will probably need to do the same if you have foot problems. Zappos and shoebuy are great places to order boots online and I think they both have free return policy's, so order three or four styles, try them on for fit, and return the rest.

My all time favorite boot is Haix SF, but they are no longer made.

If you are looking to wear boots instead of "sneakers", then I would look at some light hiking style boots. For urban and light rural work I wear Lowa renegades and love them. They come in three different widths and many colors...lots of options. I also have the Dunham cloud 9 boots, good but not a renegade.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I love the Lowa Zepher non Gortex boots that I have. They are very comfortable. Although I haven't owned a pair of either of these, but I have talked to several other people who claim the Nike SFB boots and the Rocky C4 boots are very comfortable but may have durability issues with hard use.

30 years of alpine hiking, Lowa Boots, true to fit and instant break in...

I've used the SFBs, they do indeed have durability issues and the toebox is too narrow. Traction is OK at best. I replaced them with Bellville Mini-Mils. Much better boot in all ways except one, they're loud. They clack pretty bad on hard surfaces. The construction durability is better, though I think the synthetic leather in the SFBs is a more rugged upper. I'm going to try Danner Melees next.

If you want hikers, I like lowa's but for most everything else I wear Whites, yes they are expensive but they are worth every penny, I am on my feet 10-14 hours a day at least 6 days a week, in the Nat Gas fields of Appalachia when at work most of the year. Main long running draw back to whites is they are heavy, the break in can be a bit uncomfortable but its over in a week or so. There are not too many places that make boots like them anymore (all hand made in the ol USA to you foots measurements). Hell I even got married in a pair ;)

Essato custom boots. The only pair of boots that I found that fit better then cocoran jump boots. I have had mine for several years and have used them in a number of counties in climates from Jungle to desert and here in the states. They make a good boot for the money and I also had them make me a pair of casual shoes.

I’ll start with the obvious since no one has suggested it. What’s your mission? Are you trekking through Tora Bora, walking a beat, or raiding a house?
A few of my favorites:
Lowa Zepher
Soloman Quest
Soloman XA Pro Mids
If around water…the old OTB Odhin

Lowa Desert Lights (now called Zepher);
Altama EXO Speed. these are as close to tennis shoes for comfort as any boot I've ever worn.

Jeffvn

I run both Nike SFB and Rocky C4T. C4T lasted a bit longer than the SFB but my SFB's are a better all around boot. Depending on conditions, goals, and foot type you will like the SFB. I have 2 pair that I rotate along with 2 C4t.

Sidenote some like the oakley si boots, i have run them and think they are a step above anything issued. However still require a good break-in, where the SFB and C4T do not.

i tried some of the lowas on a while back after all the talk on here. they are extremely light weight and well built. they are also very narrow. so if you wear any variant of a wide shoe, its a no go. just a heads up.also, they don't make a wide.

Not sure your intended wear/use but my 2cents based on 10 years as a LEO in a city bordered by rural area in the wet PNW. For winter and fall I wear Danner Ft. Lewis insulated and summer and spring I found a few years ago that I prefer the Belleville/ Tactical Research Khyber non side zip also I've heard good things on the Oakley boots but they don't make my size (15) so no first hand knowledge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danner boots are the best. They are comfortable around your feet all the way up to the ankles and also provide good stablility. They will last as long as you want them to. I walk on rough terrain daily and I never roll my ankles with Danner's unlike when I would wear Belleville's or Bates.