• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What bore guide for R700 .308

alpha0815

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2013
Just as the title says. I've only been using a Dewey coated rod and trying to be extra careful when cleaning my bore. What bore guide should I get for my Rem 700 .308?

Thanks.

Lucas Bore Guide, hands down the best of the best at its price point (around 55 bucks or so).

Using one is more important than which one. Get a Dewey, or a Sinclair, but if your like me, and want the best, have Mr. Lucas make you one. Best that money can buy, period. J

Lucas is top notch however, reaching him to place an order via email has not been easy for me lately. I have been sending emails over the last three weeks with "no impact no idea." If he responds back great but, for now I picked a Dewey guide for my 300 win mag. Its no Lucas but, it gets the job done.

Save yourself some money and get a plastic SinClair one. They work just as well as the Lucas guides, and are way cheaper

I just ordered another from Mike Lucas. He responded to an email request in minutes...

Do you have his email address? I sent a request a few weeks ago and didn't get a reply. Want to make sure I have the right email address.

Thanks

Save yourself some money and get a plastic SinClair one. They work just as well as the Lucas guides, and are way cheaper

I keep telling everyone the same. Save some money and buy more ammo......buy a possum hollow or the Sinclair. The lucas is not 3x better for 3x the price.