• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Brake are People using on the long range toys!..Luv to see them!

KUDA

General Spike
Minuteman
May 22, 2010
Western ,NC.
Guys
Im just wondering what brakes people are using on there long range toys???
Im really liking the Little Bastard myself!

Got Pics?

APA Fat Bastard on my Remmy 700 338 lapua. Much needed improvement over the Remington factory brake.

I just had the Surefire SOCOM muzzle brake installed on mine. Setting up for the can purchase but the brake itself is really effective.

I have the Badger Thruster on my 7WSM and really like it. Smooth clean looks, effective, and doesn't vent gas down into the dirt giving me the tossed-salad effect.

RAD Rapid Brake, I like that its removable if I dont want to use it or if later I get a suppressor.

12+-+1

Last edited:
I'm weird.

I'll pay $2400 for a Premier 5-25 at the drop of a hat.

But I won't pay $125 for an APA LB... ...not when you can get a Schueller, Kampfeld or Harrells which is damn near the same thing for $45.

A seamlessly-fit APA LB is my favorite brake, but they're too expensive, comparatively.

Benchmark Barrels did the thread and install. Nice part is they cut it so it clocked perfect to the barrel without the need for shims.

Holland Radial Brake

Very effective at recoil reduction and muzzle rise. Also no dust kick up and minimal annoyance to others around you when shooting on a line. No issues what so ever for the spotter when they are behind the shooter.

RB_Brakes2.jpg

RB_Brakes3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!!! Thats what Im talken about
this will help out alot im making a decision..lol

Im doing a shorty build
18" Finished is what Im shooting for
anybody with any shorties with brakes??

Im gonna order either the 4 or 5 post and Give it a try
Cant lose for the money

I'm weird.

I'll pay $2400 for a Premier 5-25 at the drop of a hat.

But I won't pay $125 for an APA LB... ...not when you can get a Schueller, Kampfeld or Harrells which is damn near the same thing for $45.

A seamlessly-fit APA LB is my favorite brake, but they're too expensive, comparatively.

The only thing similar about those brakes is appearance from a distance. The design and function of the APA little bastard leaves those others in the dust. Jered's brakes are worth every penny.

The little Bastard Is the one Ive been looking hardest at
They are really that good a?

whats the difference between the LB and the Fat bastard,Little Jimmy

Just size?

+1 for the surefire brakes! I also love the flash hider as well... One day I will own a suppressor... one day

Anyone have a pic of a Badger FTE on a varmint contour? I got my wife to shoot my Accuracy International last weekend and she did very well with it and didn't mind the recoil so I am thinking about going with the FTE on the 5r I have and letting her shoot that rifle. She was hitting steel at 300 yards and it is the second time she has been shooting, first time was just a Savage 17 hmr.

This Brake is a bit on the wild side
Not sure about $190 worth of wild tho
also from grizzly

This Brake is a bit on the wild side
Not sure about $190 worth of wild tho
also from grizzly

I mounted Grizzly's "The Hunter" Muzzle Brake on my Smith & Wesson M&P10 chambered in .308

Gotta tell ya that muzzle brake turned my butt kickin' .308 into a 9mm semi-automatic rifle as it pertains to recoil reduction !

Jeff Cox, the owner of "Grizzly Gun Works" is a Top Notch brother in arms and his custom brakes are worth every dollar spent and then some.

vfin

I have a badger fte on a savage varmint contour barrel, no picture of it, I'll see what I can do about that. It makes shooting the 300 win. quite enjoyable.

I've used a YHM 338 brake on my 300WM and it works amazingly well. My 105lb GF only shots that rifle. Saying it's effective is an understatement. I've also used the Little Bastard and a Muscle Brake. YHM is my favorite.

I use AAC 51T brakes on all my rifles, AR and bolt guns. I liked the idea of being able to use one can across 5.56, 6.5 CM, and .308. At $150 retail and $100 used, they weren't cheap, but I'm satisfied with the improvement, and once I (eventually) get my AAC 762SDN can, it'll have paid off!

I just use my Thunderbeast 30P-1 on my precision guns not a muzzle break but it reduces recoil quite nicely. I do run a JP Enterprises Miculek brake on my AR-15 and love it.

I have been very pleased with the SAS QD and RAD Rapid brake. Both have proven to be very effective and are easily removed when switching back to a can.

I've used several - not wild about the Surefires, but the Badger Thruster and Badger FTE have been exceptional

I am currently running the APA LB on my 308 and my old 300WM was using the APA FB. Their breaks are pricy but work well!

( Sorry for the shitty pics of the break.)

Not really for long range but while on the subject of brakes this British firm is opening up a US line of products from Nevada including their new Dragoon brake. They are well respected in Europe and are solid guys.

https://www.facebook.com/LanTacUSA

I run the apa little bastard and love it, the guy next to me hates it though. Mark Gordon, from short action customs built my 260 and he made it a seamless break, looks like it was machined into my barrel. If I knew how to post pictures, I would. It was pricey but so was my rifle so I figured why not.