• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What brand is your most trusted AR15?

KAC, LMT, FCD, Hodge is all good stuff, but anything thats not unobtainium, or crazy expensive. I've had good luck with AERO parts and the much hated PSA

Like the title says, which of your rifles do you reach for when it’s time for work/match/HD/LARP etc?

and why?
I picked Anderson because I have the most rounds through my OG home brew than the stuff I bought after.
I
Like the title says, which of your rifles do you reach for when it’s time for work/match/HD/LARP etc?

and why?
I picked Anderson because I have the most rounds through my OG home brew than the stuff I bought after.
I like Aero Precision's design details and manufacturing quality. I worked as a manufacturing engineer for years and you can tell when corners aren't cut.

SOLGW just waiting for my sandman-s for it.

Attachments

• 20201202_181209.jpg
    20201202_181209.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 147
PWS alpha, then MCX virtus or KAC.
Wouldn't feel bad with the geissele either.
Overall, I've been super impressed with the PWS uppers, I prefer lwrc lowers and geissele triggers.
(Also that was my first post here. Been stalking for a very long time, but recently joined)

and why?
Yup. Anderson RF85 build here also. Its a bull barrel 556, and is actually one of the most accurate rifles I own. Many .3 and less at 100 using Browning factory ammo. Always a single hole.
It blows my Proof Research barreled 308 away. I am going to start reloading for it soon. I would be so cool to win an F-TR shoot with a semi-auto Anderson!
I am not sure if this one is a fluke of luck, But I am looking to replace the Proof with another Anderson Bull when they ever get back in stock.

Hmmm, Mikel from Washington DC joined on Wednesday and wants to know what brand AR you trust most? Nice try Mr. ATF...
This has been a popular thread, but the Original Poster was quickly banned. Not sure he made it to ten posts.

After working in a gun store that had a range with rentals, Daniel Defense earned my loyalty with how reliable our rentals were. No one cleaned the guns because we didn't have time, and weren't paid enough. I personally cleaned this DDM4V7 from this condition to basically factory fresh, fully disassembled and everything, then 6 months later it stopped working only because the ejector spring gave out. Between cleanings was about 60,000 rounds, and total was over 100k for the life of the rifle when that spring went out. It got some oil a few times a week to keep it going, but the rifle just kept going.

Attachments

• Dirty gun 2.JPG
    Dirty gun 2.JPG
    402.4 KB · Views: 148
Have 5 Colts. 3 6920le, 1 Expanse ,1 Competition. All of them have been 100 percent reliable and accurate for many years. Never a failure of any kind. I only use Magpul Pmags. My friend was in the Marines for 20 years in the middle east ,his unit carried Colts, same report as mine.

Ive got a 7lb 6oz PWS m116 mod 2 in 7.62x39 upper on a JMT 80% lower with a triggertech trigger, Griffin flash comp, and aside from the occasional hard russian primer, it's awesome. It shoots MOA with Brown Bear and 3/4" with Hornady. With my Leupold 1-4x, I have dialed in and 1-shot hogs at 350 yds. Whenever I go out, it's hard not to grab it. For my current skill level it's the go-to.

I recently built a 16" BHW 6.5 Grendel upper and it's a tack driver and may take the lead, but my confidence is in the PWS. The piston upper stays so clean and I just trust it. Not to mention, ammo is cheap and easy to find. It'll hit 4" plates at 300yds with Monarch fmj.. Granted, at 300+ there's a lot of drop but I live in thick brushy country.. I'm hard pressed to find a shot over 400.

Attachments

• 20201202_200409.jpg
    20201202_200409.jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 72
Holy Toledo, I am embarrassed, after seeing all the hardware and fancy names above.

I've just got two S&W MP-15s, and love them both........reliable and inexpensive! One has the Vortex Strike eagle BDC scope on it, the other a Vortex red dot. Actually the one with the red dot is my wife's, but she doesn't like to play soldier, so I get to double time it!!!

I personally have had good luck building my own. Take your time. use good parts but as others (LRRPF52) have well stated, there are still things that can go wrong. For a commercial gun or upper I like LMT. My LMT .308s (Chrome and Stainless DI) are accurate and run like a champ and the LMT Gas piston in .556 is awesome fun! I have a couple older Noveski uppers as well, and they run great out to 1000 yards with .77 smk...

Sweet gun.

I think I may be running the same Aimpoint on my pistol. Solid optic. Zero complaints.

Soon will busting open the piggy bank to put a quality scope on the AR-10 I bought two weeks ago.

About ten feet from where my guns were sitting in this picture....is a Marshall Stanmore speaker. Great sounding speaker for certain. It's been rocking the kitchen for a few years now.

I don't compete or serve - much respect to those who do (especially the latter...). My AR's are "fun" guns, and all have proven reliable to this point.

- RRA Carbine: Eats everything, never failed me. Even on the cheapest, nastiest steel cased junk, it fires every time. Great trigger - way more than enough accuracy for "MOA" (minute of a-hole) at 100 yards. Thats all I really need.

- Aero AR Pistol: Didn't shoot this one much. Loud and impractical. The kids liked it. It wouldn't cycle the cheap steel stuff but I'd trust it with XM193 or the like. Sold.

- S&W MP15-22: I fed more rounds of every type of .22LR imaginable and always come away smiling. Its more fun that anyone should be able to have for $300. Do I trust it with my life? No, but it has nothing to do with the gun. Would I trust to to introduce the kids to the world of AR? I did...

- PSA Mid-length 16": Too new to tell. So far I love it, and it's very tight at 100 yards. I put a 1x6 PA scope on it, and to this point it has acquitted itself well. Like the pistol above, it struggles with the cheap stuff, but I suspect that has everything to do with the mid-length gas system and the old, lower velocity Russian steel stuff I have. It's heavy because of the optic, but its very smooth and at least gives the perception of shooting softer than the others.

At them moment, I'd have to say RRA just because the PSA hasn't had enough cycles yet, but I enjoy shooting the PSA enough that at some point I feel it will likely take over the role of PZG (Primary Zombie Gun). As mentioned above, I think the platform itself has a lot to do with it, regardless of manufacturer.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t leave out centurion arms from the conversation either. I bought my two daughters matching & consecutive cm4’s and the workmanship is impeccable. I’d be hard pressed to purchase a new colt over a cm4.

And not in a million years would I pay the premium that DD thinks they deserve. That’s downright laughable.

FN Designated Marksman II... 18" barrel, Triggertech trigger, Magpul stock....accuracy kicks ass 100-800 meters with 62 gr and 77 gr loads...Not one malfunction in three years.

Reactions: DubfromGA
LWRC M6A2 (SBR). I have one that I ran for over 14k rounds, to include a 3-day Tactical Carbine Course, without cleaning. I only applied lube (Slip 2000 EWL) at the start of the course. I finally took it apart after that course (and over 14k of mostly of Wolf and Tula steel cased ammo) and the firing pin came out in 2 pieces. How it kept functioning is beyond me.

To be fair, I only made it through the first page but damn do I love my Battle Rifle Company (out of Houston) rifle. So so good.

and why?
After trying many brands at matches and classes I settled on knights sr-15 mod 2. Light and no malfunctions. And just fell in love with the control placement. It wasn’t cheap and I didn’t buy it as a status symbol. It just fit me and I think that was the most important thing.

My KAC SR15 lower with LMT 11.5” upper is my hotness. There is absolutely no slop between the upper and lower. It feels like all one piece. The LMT uppers have raised bumps, so you take a file and custom fit it to the lower. Much better than those stupid wedges or tension screws I’ve used before.

My DD feels kinda cheap in comparison.
A little “slop” between the upper and lower, was a “for best” reliablity design by Stoner

and why?
I love my S&W M&P 15T... Bought this rifle in 2012. That model comes with Magpul popup front & rear sites, stock and 30 round mags. Shoots very accurate and is very reliable.

I've been really impressed with my Geissele super duty. Shoots mk262 mod 1 sub moa and sub .75 moa with my hand loads of 69 smk over 23 grn 8208 in LC brass. Only about 1k rounds through it at the moment though.

20201014_162703.jpg

BCM, LWRC, Colt, PWS

Attachments

• EA179E94-6F40-4946-981A-0EC71452EFF5.jpeg
    EA179E94-6F40-4946-981A-0EC71452EFF5.jpeg
    664.7 KB · Views: 111
  • E2955BCA-F1D1-4C1D-BFE8-0D31CB2775F8.jpeg
    E2955BCA-F1D1-4C1D-BFE8-0D31CB2775F8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 169
  • 9E6E57C1-6B55-4749-AF38-44BE5E57E7E8.jpeg
    9E6E57C1-6B55-4749-AF38-44BE5E57E7E8.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 8C6EE0E9-B781-4512-8BD8-9FC9D3C8AD2A.jpeg
    8C6EE0E9-B781-4512-8BD8-9FC9D3C8AD2A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 139
Geissele upper
AERO lower
SSE trigger
Griffin RECCE
No issues, best shooter out of the bunch.
LIpP7VPm.jpg

and why?
Barretts....REC7 DI DMR and REC10. Accurate, ronust, reliable. Barrett "don't make no junk."

I have to say, a lot of great choices listed above. My Daniel Defense MK18 and BCM AR’s are amazing, but the only one that I built is still to this day my absolute favorite one I own. Aero Precision upper and lower, Geissele hand guard and trigger, Lantac BCG, it is just my go to gun every time.

Attachments

• 869C1A5F-7157-4704-98BE-BCD5F6D420D9.jpeg
    869C1A5F-7157-4704-98BE-BCD5F6D420D9.jpeg
    382.2 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: trackdonkey
I have a couple mid 90s Bushmasters that have quite a few rounds on them. That was certainly a totally different company. Remember when it was only ABC for ARs? Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt. Man, time really flies.

I have an old Bushmaster with A2 upper that has been totally reliable. I keep it as a truck gun, with just the A2 sights....no optics or any other extras other than a nylon silent sling. Just the rifle and 6 loaded 30 round mags in bandoliers.

All my AR's work fine whether pre-built from the factory or ones I put together myself. I keep them lubed, use good mags and ammo and have no problems. I will say though that I really love my Noveske.

I have an old Colt I love. When the barrel went, I replaced it. Along with the gas block and handguard. I hated the large pin lower so eventually replaced that with an Aero lower allowing me to use a Geissele. Next time the barrel went, replaced the whole upper. Magpul adjustable stock.
Love my Colt. I even still have the factory box with all the papers.

BCM upper with 14.5 inch barrel, permanently attached muzzle device, and mid length gas system; BCM bolt carrier group; AXTS lower; Geissele SSA trigger.