• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What Cars/Trucks/SUV's do you like/want/have?

LilGucci

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2019
Answer one (or all) of the following:
  • What is your all-time favorite car/truck/suv?
  • What vehicle(s) do you have right now? (Care to share pics?)
  • What is your next purchase/lease?
  • If you could have 3 vehicles, what would they be?
  • What vehicle intrigued you recently?
  • And.... Post pics of cars :)

I'm leasing a Toyota Highlander, my next ride is a Subaru Forester, leased.

My dream 3 cars is an Aston Martin Valhalla, Toyota Tundra or Dodge Ram bugout truck, and Lexus LX570 with off-roading enhancements.
My politics prevents me from supporting Ford products, so no Bronco or Ford GT.
Honorable mentions go to: Dodge Challenger, Ford Bronco, Ford GT, BMW M2, and Bentley Continental GT.

The vehicle that most intrigues me recently is the new Nissan Z. In a convertible form, it reminds me of the Honda S2000.
2020-nissan-z-proto-roadster-render.jpg

All time favourite: not sure

Vehicles I have:
2019 VW Amarok V6
1996 Rover Mini (non-runner, needs complete new wiring harness, cannot summon the willpower to get started)
1975 Land Rover Series 3 (Ex Norwegian Army)
1968 Austin Mini Van (mostly in boxes, restoration that is taking forever due to it being about 2 hours drive away atm)

Next Purchase: No idea tbh. Importers over here are becoming more and more dull in the models they offer, so will likely have to be a special import, eyeing a Silverado or GMC equivalent

3 vehicles:
Jaguar F-type Coupe (SC V8)
HSV Maloo GTS
Camaro Z28

Vehicles that Intrigued me:
Ripsaw EV3

Reactions: LilGucci
I have had all the vehicles I wanted and dreamed about.

my next one is going to be simple, utilitarian, nice...but also something I don’t really give a shit about because I don’t have to! Just simple ownership.

probably a 12-17 expedition el 4x4 v8...leveled with 33’s

done wifh diesels, sports cars, and bikes forever at this point. My garage is full.

bench

My 392 Daytona edition Charger was light years better than my C6 Vette.

Currently driving an aussie Ford wagon, looking at a 2006 Nissan patrol on Monday.

Dream suv/truck is a proper american f150 raptor, not the watered down junk we get here.

Might have to wait til I move to Texas in the next 10 years

Favorite car was my built 02 M3. Absolutely goddamn adored that car. Sold it to move into a house, in hindsight should have just slept in the car. Life is...lackluster without it. Colors have no smell, roses taste like shit, you get the idea.
20170702_204941_HDRBLANKT2cropt2.jpg

My daily is a '13 Ford Edge Sport. Has the Mustang V6, too much robot nanny bullshit though. If a tree fell on it I would dance.

Next purchase will probably be a M4 GTS or AMG GT-S, two or three years off that though. Maybe build another E46 M4 and go full beast mode but it won't be street legal if so, like the last one.

3 vehicles would be a Buick GNX, '18ish Duramax, Ferrari F40. Realistically though I'll never have the Ferrari and I'm not ready to settle down into collectables yet for the GNX.

Nothing really intrigues me these days, I suppose the new Vettes are compelling, maybe the upcoming i8 refresh with a lot more horsepower than the previous rendition.

View attachment 7427380
I want one of these. And when I get it I’m going to give it to my dear beloved, cherished, funny, deep thinking historian buddy, big bore boom stick restorer @sirhrmechanic

Im not really into cars anymore, but I’d take a GT40, or Chevy Cheetah if they were attainable.
Powerball.... can't win it if you don't play it!

They reviewed one of those on TopGear before the show went TU... it's an awesome rig!

Sirhr

Had a base model 2015 Challenger. Hell even the V6 was a blast! Traded it toward a used Jeep Wrangler with the same 3.6L ..ahem... 220c.i. motor, and 6 speed manual. Wish I could have ‘em both, but I’ll keep the Rubicon.

Other rig is a 97 Dodge 1500 4wd in decent shape.

2004 Dakota was fine, didn’t like the 4.7 motor. 2000 Passat was fine, overpriced repairs, but I liked the 1.8T with MT. One ford, never again. One chevy shitcan, never again.

I’ve coveted a Pinzgauer for years, or a Stewart and Stevenson 1098 with CAT 6. And a KTM 990 Erzberg edition. Shoulda grabbed the good deal when I had the chance.

So current ride is a 2010 Toyota Yaris. I was in a pinch (and wanted stupid gas mileage. Yes, my car pays for my suppressors :LOL: )as my old Ford F-150 broke down as old things are wont to do. Anyways, left it on the side of the road to get parts (ignition sutff) and some jackass fire bug burned it :mad: Anyways, picked the little bugger up and love it! 300K on the clock and still gets 34MPG (The Ford got 14) which is a blessing with my 100 a day commute. I've been told I can't sell it as when I bought my gun safe my LGS asked if I wanted it delivered. "Just put in the fucking Yaris!", they laughed and laughed... And then it fit and they stopped. Now that car has achieved legend status. Gonna run it until it dies! Or I die first... Next rig will be a Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road and as soon as I get it it is off to get fitted with a 1GD-FTV 2.8l diesel at diesel toys in Texas.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much over the "If I could buy one car, what would it be" stage. Now, it's about functionallity. We have a F350 and a 4Runner and a Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic
If I was going to replace them, I would love to have a F450 for towing a big 5th wheel, the new Bronco, and a new Road Glide
If I hit the lottery, I would have a new Bullit Mustang built using a new 1968 body and the current Coyote motor. That and a 66 Fairlane like I had in highschool.

I am curious about the Ford politics thing though.

I drive a built up 03 Tacoma TRD every day. Have a 14 Cummins 3500 (for cows, tractors, horses), 10 Tacoma and a 14 Landcruiser in the family. I am heavily tilted towards the useful and reliable spectrum. Will replace the wife's Landcruiser at about 180,000 otherwise the same vehicles will probably be here for a long time. Can't say I want any vehicle......now land, yeah I am always looking to add land.

2005 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury, purchase from the first owner 3 years ago with 52,000 miles. He drove an average of 4,000 miles per year. Reclining message seats, two air conditioners, adaptive speed control, and Bluetooth. I test drove one in 2007. Being newly divorced and poor, it was a pipe dream until,I found this one in Kansas City. I doubt I’ll buy another car.
858FA657-4357-477F-9124-B00880FA16AC.jpeg

Waiting on the 2021 diesel Suburban/ Yukon XL. I'm old, I want to be comfy during my 9 minute commute to work 🤣

0D7A8337-8C59-4C65-9D71-7A7FD0D83094.jpeg
BB35D366-D278-4B3F-ACC8-785943A270D4.jpeg

This is my first nice vehicle. It’s a 96 I got in 99. I drove it up until a few years ago. I sold it to a guy that planned on fixing it up like the second picture. His plans changed so I bought it back with the intention to continue what he started. It should be a fun project.

• 2018 Silverado 1500 regular cab short bed V8 4x4 (totally gutless/boring and immensely impractical)
    • Hopefully a diesel Super Duty
    • diesel Super Duty
    • 2015 Z/28
    • Hemi JKU
    • Gas H1. Would like to experiment with more horsepower and some changes to the 4WD system.
Here's the remainder of the dream list, just because

1957 Chevy altered/gasser
1968 GT500
1969 Charger Daytona
1935 Lincoln Model K coupe hardtop
1971 Pontiac T37
1968 Firebird
1962 Corvette Hardtop
Kaiser M715

(And that's just the conventional cars. )

In 2008, I bought a 2001 Chevy S-10 X-Cab, 2WD 6 cyl. engine. It was in immaculate condition, as it had been detailed for sale. It was also very low mileage. I was happy with it as it was my first truck. It runs great and have had no major problems. My only regret is that it was not a 4WD, but I don't go that far out into the desert to do my shooting.
In the future, I would love to own a hovercraft. :D

I keep buying used Ford Rangers for daily drivers. I put 300k on them and toss them when I beat them up too much.
For non utility vehicles I have a retired race Triumph Spitfire that I put the road equipment back on. Fun to drive short distances. Not fast at all but I can drive it 40 mph and feels like 80.
My next project is a beater 66 Chevy pickup without a bed on it. Gonna be a rusty ratty tow hauler.
I have a creampuff 66 Chevy that needs freshining up.
My wife drive a C 13 Chevy Malibu we bought for a song, its an appliance but she drives the toy car too.

Answer one (or all) of the following:
  • What is your all-time favorite car/truck/suv?

All time favorite is the one im driving now. 19' Tacoma 4x4 V6. I bought this as a present for myself after passing my Architecture registration exams (took 3 years ) Picture below at my father inlaws private 300+ yard range.
Currently own: 19 Tacoma, 87' 944 turbo
Next purchase: Nothing, im going to run the wheels off this tacoma
3 vehicles: Tacoma, 944 turbo and a M1 Sherman tank.
Intrigued by the : New Ford Bronco
MVIMG_20200704_090627.jpg

I am curious about the Ford politics thing though.

Because Ford supports social justice, and therefore they support victimhood culture, intersectionality, and even BlackLivesMatter. Not really a fan of that so I'll take my loyalties elsewhere, to Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, Ram, Jeep, and Nissan. Maybe even GM though I haven't seen much from them that have excited me lately.

That being said, I'd happily take and drive a Ford GT or Bronco if it were given to me for free. The Bronco looks incredible, and the Ford GT is perhaps one of the most exciting designs I've seen in a long time.

18770741-2017-ford-gt-jumbo.jpg

Vehicles I have:
1996 Rover Mini (non-runner, needs complete new wiring harness, cannot summon the willpower to get started)
1968 Austin Mini Van (mostly in boxes, restoration that is taking forever due to it being about 2 hours drive away atm)

The Austin Mini Van sounds pretty sweet, but oh what I would do with a 96 Rover Mini if I ever got one
mini-cooper-monster-truck-1.jpg

Reactions: acudaowner
That's been a dream car of mine too, I love old trucks with that masculine look. I've also wanted a restomod Dodge Power Wagon with some modern amenities.
View attachment 7428015

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Biggest regrets I have car wise is selling a pair of Willy’s Overland Station Sedans. Always thought robbing the running gear off of a wrecked Rubicon and adding V-8 or diesel power would make for a cool retro. Kinda like a baby Carryall...

Last edited:
Currently have

2016 Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 Laramie
571EE4B2-526F-4F81-A347-7F8441937D06.jpeg
F607A91F-F352-4A31-9E0F-4DD2F06F7B95.jpeg

2018 Ram 3500 C&C SRW 4x4 SLT (work truck weld rig)
9EE8BFEC-FA01-4BDD-B0E4-E44337E993F3.jpeg
BA0635AC-1EF0-4E6E-8F95-96A66E8857A9.jpeg

Wife had a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD off-road. Getting rid of it for a Suburban here pretty soon, added 2 new member to our family in the past 13 months so the 4Runner got a little small. Gonna miss it. Thing is a Beast off-road.

First truck was an 05 Tacoma that I did front and rear bumpers, air locker, mid travel suspension, the whole 9. Really miss that truck

2nd truck was an 06 ram 3500 with the 5.9 Cummins. Did a full billet race trans and a hot ass tune on it straight piped. Fun truck to drive

Only car I want still is some type of racecar toy. Thinking maybe a Kit car of some type.

Thought I had a picture of the 4Runner on top of a mountain but must be on an old phone.

Because Ford supports social justice, and therefore they support victimhood culture, intersectionality, and even BlackLivesMatter. Not really a fan of that so I'll take my loyalties elsewhere, to Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, Ram, Jeep, and Nissan. Maybe even GM though I haven't seen much from them that have excited me lately.

That being said, I'd happily take and drive a Ford GT or Bronco if it were given to me for free. The Bronco looks incredible, and the Ford GT is perhaps one of the most exciting designs I've seen in a long time.
I understand where you are coming from, but if that is the reason you want to avoid Ford, you might be walking.
Just about every major auto manufacturer (and their suppliers i.e. Goodyear) do the same thing

I understand where you are coming from, but if that is the reason you want to avoid Ford, you might be walking.
Just about every major auto manufacturer (and their suppliers i.e. Goodyear) do the same thing

True. But I feel that Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, Ram, and Jeep have done the least. I see Subaru has been very active in support of social justice so I'll just get the Hyundai Palisade or Kia Telluride instead. There's a lot of options out there for me. And there's also the used car market if I'm really desperate for a Ford Bronco, I just don't want my cash going directly to corporations that invest in woke activism.

Hi,

@TxWelder35
Blasphemy!!!! You cannot weld with a single rear wheel, lolol....You are 2 seconds from being voted out of Texas and banished to Oklahoma.

I think an International MXT 4x4 would disagree with you. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
International MXT.PNG

MXT Cargo_full.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: acudaowner
What bumper is on the 3500 SRW?

fab fours

Hi,

@TxWelder35
Blasphemy!!!! You cannot weld with a single rear wheel, lolol....You are 2 seconds from being voted out of Texas and banished to Oklahoma.

Personal vehicle wanted:
View attachment 7428148

Work vehicle wanted:
View attachment 7428149

Sincerely,
Theis

SRW keeps me out of DOT territory hauling my gooseneck. Would have preferred a dually but I have zero desire to keep up with all the DOT BS to haul my trailer around

Currently own a 2007 Subaru STi Limited and a 2014 Evo X. I want an off-road vehicle next:

Wrangler 392
Dodge TRX
Ford Raptor
Colorado ZR2

Just have to decide between fast or actually useable off-road.
I traded a 2017 Ford focus ST in to get the Zr2 Bison. We seem to have similar tastes in vehicles.

View attachment 7428013
Is that worldwide vintage auto?

It's sad but true. I would still go with Ford before GM or Chrysler though. Ford may be supporting the douce bags but the other two ruined lives when they took Obama's bail out money. My stepdad (GM/ AC Delco / Dephi for 40 years) lost 400k in the blink of an eye when that crap went down. Him and mom were OK as they were war babies and knew the value of saving but a lot of folks (retirees, active employees, that little old lady with all her money in a fund that held GM and Chrysler) got hurt bad. They will never get a penny from me!

Reactions: Ravenworks
The only kind of vehicle I have or will ever have is one that is paid for, have a 69 power wagon a 08 Dodge 2500 Cummins and wife has a 11 Toyota Rav 4, also have a 68 FLH and a 88 Softail.

I currently drive a 2015 F-150 and 2012 Corvette Grand Sport. Next vehicles will be a Raptor and a 911 Carrera S. After that, who knows?

1. 1966–1968 (275 GTB/4 cam) Ferrari my first Italian crush besides who would not love a hot looking red head with a sexy accent .
2. 1965 Shelby Cobra 428 sexy , sleek , and a freak on the street . ( and turbos and a pro charger would be a nice touch .
3. I already own it my 72 cuda , but if it ran and drove that would be nicer its not any fun having to push your dream car just to get the sensation of moving .also it would need a make over and heart transplant a nice bb and twin turbos and another super charger would be the nail in my coffin dead with a smile Id be happy .
4. a nice it would be a toss up between a 34 ford and a nice condition 60's era ford or Chevy or dodge pick up truck nothing fast just clean simple fun and a 50's mercury I love those lines .

Wife's old 04 Pilot with 361,000 miles has to be our best vehicle yet. Bought it new, cost us maintenance + tires. My 2010 Tundra is my favorite so far, 84,000 issue free miles.Resized_20200219_140147(1).jpeg0411191259[2566].jpg