• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What Cars/Trucks/SUV's do you like/want/have?

image.jpeg

I drive a '97 Exploder Sport. It doesn't go far from home, been chasing a CEL for misfires/lean codes for a year, there's a damn vacuum leak somewhere on it that I haven't found yet, but not looking too hard for it either because it really doesn't go far anyhow. I paid $5k for it fifteen years ago, lugs uphill with the 3.27 gears and 4.0 V6 OHV, but it chews mud and snow well enough and has never stranded me, even with open diffs and AT tires. I have several rifles that cost more than it did because I'm a shooter, not a driver, and I could give a shit less about vehicles so long as they get me and my kit to the range. I am in the market for a used 3/4 ton now, have a lot of work to do on the house and need something to haul materials, but otherwise I could care less.

My wife runs a 2018 Subaru Crosstrek, I've taken it up Bridger-Teton FS logging roads it had zero business being on and didn't get stuck, 75% my driving to keep it out of the deep ruts while staying away from the ledge and 25% the X-Mode feature with good tires on it. My wife was not amused about it, she needed a smoke when we got back down the mountain and wants a RZR now to do that shit instead of her main ride.

IMG_1524.JPG

So current ride is a 2010 Toyota Yaris. I was in a pinch (and wanted stupid gas mileage. Yes, my car pays for my suppressors :LOL: )as my old Ford F-150 broke down as old things are wont to do. Anyways, left it on the side of the road to get parts (ignition sutff) and some jackass fire bug burned it :mad: Anyways, picked the little bugger up and love it! 300K on the clock and still gets 34MPG (The Ford got 14) which is a blessing with my 100 a day commute. I've been told I can't sell it as when I bought my gun safe my LGS asked if I wanted it delivered. "Just put in the fucking Yaris!", they laughed and laughed... And then it fit and they stopped. Now that car has achieved legend status. Gonna run it until it dies! Or I die first... Next rig will be a Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road and as soon as I get it it is off to get fitted with a 1GD-FTV 2.8l diesel at diesel toys in Texas.
I have 2 Yaris'. An '08 and a '12. Both are 2 door hatchbacks and I bought them new. Bare bones with manual transmissions. 295K and 265K, respectively, trouble free. Great cars and I want to get another one but they don't make the hatchback anymore and I'm having a hard time finding a used one.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Currently driving an aussie Ford wagon, looking at a 2006 Nissan patrol on Monday.

Dream suv/truck is a proper american f150 raptor, not the watered down junk we get here.

Might have to wait til I move to Texas in the next 10 years
By watered down I assume you mean not much extra equipment on them. I'm just the opposite. I like bare bones vehicle as there's just less to go wrong. I drive my vehicles until they become parts vehicles. Radio and heater is all I need for extra equipment, although maybe AM/FM vs just AM would be OK.
It make me sick to know that Toyota sells 4Runners with manual transmissions in foreign markets.

Man youze guys are killing me with all the off topic threads lol. This forum is the best for this kind of stuff though.

My dream car is the 77 trans am like smokey and the bandit and dream truck I just bought last week! Here's my new truck
20200919_150359.jpg
20200919_151633.jpg
20200919_151655.jpg
20200919_151700.jpg
20200919_150419.jpg

2000 Suburban, 3/4 ton with full trailer towing package. Great vehicle but since it was getting a bit long in the tooth (well actually getting VERY long in the tooth, we felt we could not trust it on cross country trips, so we replaced it with a brand new GMC double cab pickup.

My favorite all time vehicle was my 2000 Corvette. A whole different world.
BB099784-9ABC-456B-97D0-D21B1F1DC7C9.jpeg
BB099784-9ABC-456B-97D0-D21B1F1DC7C9.jpeg

Reactions: louu
Dream truck is my stretched '86 Pete (RV) 359 hauling 53' of race toys.
VZM.IMG_20161015_205846.jpg

I'll sell it when the boys in Moyock let one of those armored Baja recon rigs go.

An olde Expedition helps us avoid roving cougars and soccer moms, while the Sunday driver is a rocket of an AMG 63.

Last edited:
fab fours

SRW keeps me out of DOT territory hauling my gooseneck. Would have preferred a dually but I have zero desire to keep up with all the DOT BS to haul my trailer around
U got that right, these dickheads will wear you out for hooking up a one ton to a 14k bumper pull. I’ve got 2 -32 ft, I pull them with my f250 most of the time to avoid issues with DOT.

2016-01-29 13.34.31.jpg
2016-01-29 13.34.31.jpgThis is what I have now...2015 SilvaradoHD Duramax LTZ...I've added an auxiliary 50 gal. fuel tank from Transfer Flow... I'm selling the 35 ft. toy hauler I pulled with it...I love this truck...I may keep it just for grins...Since I'm pulling a SXS on a small trailer, I really don't need the truck.

Thinking about trading the 17 F250 FX4 Diesel in on a new power wagon but think I will miss all the torque of the diesel
You may also miss the leg room. I test drove a late model Ram. Couldn't get comfortable behind the wheel. Felt okay at first but my leg was hurting after a long test drive.

Side note, since I'm looking to buy one, how's the diesel F250 treating you?

Currently got a 2020 GMC 1500, my 98 Dodge Ram 4x, wifes got a 2017 Nissan whatever the heck, 2009 Ford Focus and I have my 2013 Electra Glide and 2001 Victory for two wheel fun. Just sold some old motorcycles and am turning my attention to wood working more.

As for a dream rig I’d like my 67 mustang fastback again and my 69 Dodge Charger.

Current vehicle, normally with 2 Labradors in the back, camping, hunting or shooting gear up top

Not been cleaned since April 18 though, kinda a aquired taste

Attachments

• 0408191610a.jpg
    0408191610a.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 63
  • 0117192222.jpg
    0117192222.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 56
I haven't built a hotrod since I got divorced. I have been looking for a good prospect but haven't found it yet. In the mean time my daily driver is this.

truck1.jpg

So current ride is a 2010 Toyota Yaris. I was in a pinch (and wanted stupid gas mileage. Yes, my car pays for my suppressors :LOL: )as my old Ford F-150 broke down as old things are wont to do. Anyways, left it on the side of the road to get parts (ignition sutff) and some jackass fire bug burned it :mad: Anyways, picked the little bugger up and love it! 300K on the clock and still gets 34MPG (The Ford got 14) which is a blessing with my 100 a day commute. I've been told I can't sell it as when I bought my gun safe my LGS asked if I wanted it delivered. "Just put in the fucking Yaris!", they laughed and laughed... And then it fit and they stopped. Now that car has achieved legend status. Gonna run it until it dies! Or I die first... Next rig will be a Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road and as soon as I get it it is off to get fitted with a 1GD-FTV 2.8l diesel at diesel toys in Texas.
I overlooked something in my other reply to you. Both of my Yaris' developed an exhaust leak at the juncture of the manifold and down pipe. I haven't fixed either as it isn't real loud. Yet.
The suspensions started to get a little stiff at around 250k. I haven't replaced anything on them except for brakes (once), spark plugs (twice) I did change the coolant on the 2008 once. Don't know if it was needed or not. Just made me feel better.

I’m a cash-only car guy, so that limits my current car situation - currently drive a Honda Accord Sport. Pretty sweet for what it is.

The goal is to harness the power of compound interest due to no payments to be able to pay cash for whatever the heck I want in 10-20yrs.

Currently saving for a leveled/lifted F150 or Tundra.
AF7E696D-7F90-4E83-8CB3-AD7D526FF08C.jpeg

Reactions: LilGucci