• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What cartridge for our next batch/s of ammo?

Which round/s are you more interested in?

• 6gt w/hornady brass

• 6cm w/hornady brass

• 6cm with lapua/Peterson brass

• 6br with lapua/Peterson brass

Results are only viewable after voting.

Feniks Technologies

Premium Ammunition and Loading Supplies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2021
South Texas
(Frank knows about this account status and that commercial account status)

We are about to start cranking out ammo. We made take custom orders or we may make standard ammo and sell that.

So, posting a poll to see what you all would be interested in more. Not going to discuss pricing at the moment until we have a grasp on what people will want.

Tentatively the bullet used will be Berger’s 108 boat tail target. Though we may be able to do some Berger 109, hornady 108, or some Barnes 112. But currently the 108 Berger is it.

Options are:

6gt w/hornady brass
6cm w/hornady brass
6cm w/lapua or Peterson brass
6br w/lapua or Petersen brass

Primers will all be cci450. Powder will range from varget, n140/150, rl16, and staball 6.5.

Please use the poll to vote and looking forward to getting some ammo cranked out.

If I’m buying premium ammo. I want Lapua or Peterson brass. Hornady if it’s budget minded. Just my $.02

I'm only spending extra on the brass if I'm loading and not buying anymore factory unless I'm in a pinch.

Hornady is throw away without feeling bad.

I think a "budget" 6gt would sell well, since it's a hard to find one anyways.

Can't argue with the popularity of the 6creed though.

Reactions: Feniks Technologies
I'm only spending extra on the brass if I'm loading and not buying anymore factory unless I'm in a pinch.

I haven’t had much problem at all with 6gt hornady brass.

Also, “budget” ammo currently isn’t going to be too cheap. Unfortunately we can’t control the component prices.

Reactions: PinesAndProjectiles

Personally I think they should make all 4 options.
Depending on your use they all will be excellent. As you stated a non reloader would look at the initial cost and base his decision to buy on that.
Someone like myself would look at the longer term investment. Buying X amount of ammo with the intentions to reload

However,

If I’m paying a premium I want premium components. Even if I resell the brass. Lapua will always yield a premium price over hornady

Reactions: Feniks Technologies
I haven’t had much problem at all with 6gt hornady brass.

Also, “budget” ammo currently isn’t going to be too cheap. Unfortunately we can’t control the component prices.

I use plenty of Hornady, and being a reloader I'm not your target market. Never had a problem other than the primer pocket doesn't last at max loads. On the retail side, cost per piece of brass is 2x with Lapua, so I don't tend to buy Lapua unless it's a cartridge I'm fire-forming and want max life.

Guess I was getting at if you can lower the cost per round with Hornady and keep your accuracy standards, it's a win. On the wholesale market I just don't know if that's a .10 savings or .60 savings.

Personally I think they should make all 4 options.
Depending on your use they all will be excellent. As you stated a non reloader would look at the initial cost and base his decision to buy on that.
Someone like myself would look at the longer term investment. Buying X amount of ammo with the intentions to reload

However,

If I’m paying a premium I want premium components. Even if I resell the brass. Lapua will always yield a premium price over hornady

I've never bought used brass. To much inconsistency to make it worth it. Once Berger started using Lapua it kinda tanked the used market.

Last edited:

Hornady brass loaded “right” first firing so primer pocket does not get stretched, works just fine for 5-6 loads. 3-400 pieces of brass, 5-6 firings will get one through majority of barrels useful life for 6 Creed.
6 BR or GT, might need a few more pieces of brass.
Send it back in for remanufacture.