• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What cartridge for the Sierra 150 grain 6.5 bullet

I've got a gunsmith friend who has been building 6.5 WSM rifles recently. They're mostly shooting the 130-142 gr bullets right now but it should handle the heavier ones as well. I like the 26 Nosler too. I've done a few barrels for the Desert tactical SRS rifles in that round and it has the room and available components to make the 150 and up size bullets work. I would think if you can get the speed out of it like the WSM, RUM or Nosler should then 1-8 twist would be fine.

Frank

I've got a gunsmith friend who has been building 6.5 WSM rifles recently. They're mostly shooting the 130-142 gr bullets right now but it should handle the heavier ones as well. I like the 26 Nosler too. I've done a few barrels for the Desert tactical SRS rifles in that round and it has the room and available components to make the 150 and up size bullets work. I would think if you can get the speed out of it like the WSM, RUM or Nosler should then 1-8 twist would be fine.

Frank
But at half the barrel life of the s.s from guys running them. We will c

im curious how fast do you think the 6.5PRC will be able to push the 150smk or 155 berger?

I've basically been exclusively shooting the 160 Matrix out of my 6.5WSM. 3100fps and getting good case life. Believe it or not, it's a 1-8.4" Obermeyer, (4500'ALS), I don't see how a 1-8 wouldn't stabilize a 150grn pill... at least at this altitude. Should be able to rock a pretty good increase in FPS as well.

t