• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What color cerakote with mcmillan gap camo?

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
I'm thinking od for the color, but would like some suggestions. Pics would be awesome as well!
Thanks

Very nice. I hadn't considered that.

I have a black marble stock on order for my current build. I'm thinking I'll have them change the color. I thought I liked the black, the more I see this particular stock the more I'm loving it.

Last edited:
I really like the FDE that Bob shows here. OD Green also looks good.

I think GA Precision uses the "GAP" stock on their Crusader model and if I'm not mistaken it comes with the metal done in a mil-spec OD green. They have pics of this model on their website if you want to compare colors. Probably some on here too.

Danny

I'm having a build done by Marc at Spartan Precision. I'm using a McM A5 in GAP camo. When I talked to Marc about cerakote for the metal, he asked what type of area the rifle would be used. He said if it is more of a desert or rocky area he recommends FDE or if it more woods/green he likes to use Magpul OD green. So I decided on the Magpul green. My build should be done in the next week or so and I'll post pics then.

Magpul OD green

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 63
Here's what my last GAP/Surgeon in a McM A-5 looks like (with a Henny on top).........Think Ken said this was brown (don't know if that's patriot brown, coyote, or OD.....and don't really care cause it shoots OK....) Hey George, here's my 6.5WSM!!!

ve7w52.jpg

4hujw6.jpg

Last edited:
I think OD Green looks the best but that Patriot Brown is looking nice. Magpul FDE should work well also.