• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What could you say to sway...

• Thread starter Deleted member 137765
  • Start date
It seems like common sense to me. You hear breaking glass in the middle of the night. You either defend yourself and your loved ones or call Police and hope they arrive quickly. These days, that's less likely. Why don't they get it?
Not knowing their age, I would say that reliance on someone else for their well-being was probably hammered into their heads by our wonderful public education system. When they get that pumped into their heads for hours every day for years, it can be hard to undo the damage. Folks like us can't understand not being responsible for our family's and our own safety, but to libs, they believe just as strongly the opposite. Sad part is, they are wrong, and it sometimes takes a tragic, or near tragic event to help them see the error in their thinking. Good Luck, and be safe.

Get them a dog instead. Pepper spray in their own house once and they may prefer a firearm but as long as you are around they won't have one. I'd second the armed citizen emailed to them. Point out that each year there are 9600ish homicides by a firearm 66% gangster on gangster, 73% overall are perpetrated by a gangster of some flavor. Ask them what percentage of self defense to murder would you consider at least taking a class? If they say it would have to be 10 to 1 or 50 to one you're good as it is normally 80ish to 1 as 2.2-2.4 million armed citizens reported thwart a crime. Some estimates are that 30-50% are not reported due to not wanting to deal with the popo.

Perhaps, if he still frequents here, he'll pipe in...

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately no pearls here... I think it's already been well said.

My experience is that there's really no way, save a traumatic event, to change LGBTQX / people's minds. The only positive change I saw with LGBTQX crowd's perspective on gun ownership was directly after the pulse night club shooting. Most live under the delusion/denial that 'it'll never happen to me' --that coupled with the political swill they're fed, it's next to impossible. Believe me. I tried/and still do when given the opportunity. But you can talk common sense, you can talk truth, logic and statistics.... and you'll just end up hitting a brick wall. The nanny state has them convinced they'll be taken care of.

To illustrate that point, recently --like as of last Saturday night, starting around 7pm the chaos started raining down, literally coming from every angle here in LA Fairfax area (a WEHO adj. very Liberal / gay populated area) Gunshots into the night, every other store less than 100 feet from me windows smashed, looted, multiple fires. I live on a street that instersects with a main escape street for criminals as it's a very direct way out of the area... Car after car I saw going by were folks from the hood... literally VAN FULLS... I saw arms loaded with merchandise flying by me, one dude was even went rolling by with a piled high laundry tub. I decided to act to at least slow the shit down and keep them from using my street as a thoroughfare and potentially bullets going into apartments or fires set.

I started building a barricade to close off my street on both sides using whatever I could find, trashed mattresses on the curb, couches, garbage cans, ripping up 4x4 lawn edge poles from a building about to be demo, pipes to be used for the water. Beer bottles were thrown at me and calling me "Cracker" by the cars going by.... A lot of neighbors came out in the course of the night watching me.. some filmed the "crazy guy". Miracle is –it worked, the barricades kept them from veeering onto my street. It was funny though... several I saw that slowed down wanting to make a turn onto my street sat there a few moments weighing whether to get out, or plow through the barricade... Turns out 99% of thugs and criminals are too lazy to get out of their car to move shit.... or just didn’t want to be filmed. Cowards that they are.

You'd think --even shit happening RIGHT in front of them (!!!) might be a wake up call. But besides not one of the neighbors helping.... When as of Monday this area looks like a WAR ZONE... tagged, bent steel gates, glass, rubble as far as the eye could see.... I asked a couple of the ones I know well.. "don't you think it might be a good idea to own a gun?" I got the same old denial / delusion.

There's just no arguing with stupidity.

FTS.... I now have a loaded gun, well hidden but easily accesible in every room.

Last edited: