• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you GIVE for Christmas?

I’m on a multi-year quest to rein in big-ticket purchases during the holidays...

So far, it hasn’t gone well...

Wife got a new iPhone and new Oakleys
Son 1 got a new Citori shotgun (though it was a couple months early).
Son 2 got a new iphone
I finished off 2 rifle builds (224 predator ar15 and a 10/22)
So, this year the quest to rein in big ticket items didn’t go well- again. Son one got a new bike that cost almost as much as my first car. Son 2 got an iPad. I got a sig kilo 3000 range finding bino and a kestrel.

All the guys got homemade bacon/burger presses, and a bottle of Buffalo Trace. The woman got money and there favorite bottle of booze

Attachments

• 20201230_182849.jpg
    20201230_182849.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201230_182816.jpg
    20201230_182816.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 22
Got the wife a new purse and matching wallet and a 3' propane torch (she uses the torch for crafts, at least till she gets mad enough at me to set me ablaze lol).

The little one's gifts took up most of the real estate under the tree, as always. I'll spare the details but she was very happy. Watching her is always fun.

Mother in law got some clothes.

My team pooled money together and got our Commander and Team Leader some healthy gift cards. Hard to buy for those guys.

I got some great stuff but like has been said, the giving is always better than the getting.

Reactions: HiDesertELR
helped a mate get a job in sales after he was laid off in Nov. He got a pretty decent gig just before Xmas so his ankle biters were able to get some toys etc. I got a nice bottle of Midleton's which was very nice of him. So I guess I gave time and advice.

I gave genuine Pendelton shirts and cash, a Marlin 39a, some ammo for a grasshopper, and some more cash for others. Personally, I didn't want nor need anything, and didn't want anything. I have all I want and told everyone not to give me anything. My wishes, for the most part, were honored and I appreciate that.
I am at a point that I would much rather give than receive. Makes me happy.
I did give the Old Squaw something that she enjoyed and so did I. 46 years of it.

I gave genuine Pendelton shirts and cash, a Marlin 39a, some ammo for a grasshopper, and some more cash for others. Personally, I didn't want nor need anything, and didn't want anything. I have all I want and told everyone not to give me anything. My wishes, for the most part, were honored and I appreciate that.
I am at a point that I would much rather give than receive. Makes me happy.
I did give the Old Squaw something that she enjoyed and so did I. 46 years of it.
my dad loved those pendleton shirts (as did everyone else) and it was convenient that there was a pendleton store outside knotts berry farm.

1. I forgave a $1000 loan I had given to a young student who was up against it in the early days of the pandemic. I figured that if the government was going to give me money to stay at home and do nothing while she was busting her ass in the supermarket and keeping her grades up then maybe I could make things a little more fair for her. She proved herself worthy so what she had always assumed was a loan became a gift.

2. We gave each of our two adult children $1000.

3. My kids aren't into guns at all, and I'm beginning to divest myself of some things that I never use, so I gifted an all but new Franchi twice barrel to a very nice family on the other side of the country. Paid the transfer fees and gave them a starter case of trap loads and a target thrower.

3. Same family received some other nice things - a personally autographed book, (actually two books come to think of it), one of those new Nebo 12k flashlights, some 22 ammo and accessories for the boys, and some money for the daughter's truck savings fund.

4. A Half face cardiac spike to a nice young man who does machine and welding jobs for me and never charges a cent.

5. A few hundred to a good friend in Colorado who was struggling a little bit.

6. A laptop to a friend who's trying to get a daycare business off the ground in the middle of global pandemic.

Didn't get the Mrs. anything this year but we're getting ready to dump about $100k into some home improvements.

I gave my wife “Ye Old Yule Log Plow” I drive, but she steers. It’s a Christmas tradition we’ve had for 31 years now.

• Haha
1. I forgave a $1000 loan I had given to a young student who was up against it in the early days of the pandemic. I figured that if the government was going to give me money to stay at home and do nothing while she was busting her ass in the supermarket and keeping her grades up then maybe I could make things a little more fair for her. She proved herself worthy so what she had always assumed was a loan became a gift.

...i give $1000 loans to hard working young women putting themselves through college all the time....no need to wait till the holidays to be generous....Cinnamon and Roxxxane are always very thankful.

• Haha
I took moms 22 from the 60’s that had been pretty neglected and refinished the stock and reblued the metal so I essentially gave her her own rifle I guess? I sweetened the deal with some ammo for it though. The old lady’s birthday is mid December so for her birthday she got a 320 and for Christmas she got a Bergara, but the optic and whatever she wants to put on it will but up to her.

Reactions: Sgt47
I have 5 kids, 6 grandkids and 4 great grandkids, so the list is long. Of interest was a T.Rex holster for my son's CZ P07, a 1920's banjo that I restored for a grandson, Daisy "you'll shoot your eye out" BB gun for great grandson, couple of bricks of 22lr for grandson and rock climbing gear for another grandson.