• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What do you guys think of the Bushnell G-Force 1300 ARC?

Masked

Smith Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2012
Connecticut
www.smith-tactical.com
I've been looking for a solid range finder for about 600-1200 and the reviews on this certainly make it seem worth-while.

I've been shooting more and more on private land and seems like it would really come in handy.

Anyone have the unit? Opinions? Other options?

Thanks guys.

I've been looking for a solid range finder for about 600-1200 and the reviews on this certainly make it seem worth-while.

I've been shooting more and more on private land and seems like it would really come in handy.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I have these and I have ranged trees out to 1195yds and sheep out to 860+yards, and even inbright sun light with high mirrage and 25/30mph winds they still worked well, I will see if I can find it and repost it here for you.

I ended up buying it anyway and I'm really impressed.

Ranged a target over the weekend out to 1250...I realize that's to the edge of it's capabilities but, it's nice that it can still roll with the punches.

It's accurate too.

My buddy had the next model up, only had problems -- He loves my 1300, though.

Thanks guys.

Heres what I found with it and some figures others have found.

I took my G-Force out in the flat lands and I was using it in bright sunlight with alot of white reflective clouds and with the Sun 90*deg to my right at around 11:30 am I managed to range trees out to 1194/1196 yards and sheep to about 851yds,

One thing that I did notice was although they say it gives you the formulas up to 800yds well thats not quite accurite in respect that at 881yds it gave me a come up of 27.1moa so when I checked that with my Ballistic software that 27.1moa actually works out to over 950yds if your using a .270 150gr [MENTION=11910]280[/MENTION]0fps, So it seems like Bushnells system will work Further than what they claim if you are using a Flat Shooting Rifle and that being so theres no reason why it wont work out even further

The G-Force does not like Grey Buildings at 45deg angles but Im pretty sure that the Beam is Quite small as I did'nt have any problems picking out differant objects between Zero and 850yds+,

Mirrage was really bad and the wind was gusting up to about 25mph and the light was always changing and hard on the Eyes even when I was not looking through the G-Force or my spotting scope and the fact that I had the G-Force on a tripod sitting on the Hood of my Truck, So I was getting that much reflection from that THAT I was having trouble getting my eyes to adjust even just to look for something else to range without using any optic what so ever.

The Bottom line is if you want to shoot out to A Grand+/- then this will be tough to beat and if you shoot according to your own BC software then theres no reason why this LRF cant take you out to beyond 1400yds+ and if you use the G-Force in better lighting conditions than I was in then theres no reason why it wont work way Further than what Bushnell Claim,

On this day I turned the Red Brightness of the screen up to 4 and I had not problems reading the screen even when I pointed it up to the sky and night It works best under street lights when set to 1 and normal darkish cloudy days 2 or 3 works fine it just depends on the daylight brightness and which works best for you,

I have found that the Balistic software was within 0.02 of an MOA so all in all it is good for most hunting and tac type conditions, and I like the fact it is made out a solid block of Alloy and then Rubber Armoured makes it my first choice of go to LRF and yes I would like a Terrapin or the G-7 but so far this has it all like MOA, MILs, Inches and CMs, Brush setting and scan along with the target/pinpoint mode and the choice of a massive amount of Ballistic Data From Sierra (over 2000 or more type of round selection), either way it is a Bad little Muther,lol

Blessin's John

Others have ranged trees out to 1357yds and Buffalo out to 985yds and Antilope to 735yds,

Last edited:
bushnell arc 1300

I got one last oct. having tried a lot that claimed 1000yds. this one does and out to 1400 under right conditions and reflective target however 815 was farthest I range a deer and he had a big white rack to reflect ! 785 on does however power poles, rocks,or trees nearby has made this a non-issue with me. I think they are the best value in long distance hunting !

Well Doc your getting over 200yds past what Bushnell claim on Deer and Im getting around 300yds more than they claim on trees, So these are better than what they say they are and I have been doing some .270 profiles on my apps at 881yds the G-force said come up 27.1 MOA and my App said 27.06 and although theres A 0.04moa differance thats only because LRFs dont give you 2 digits after decimal point, So the variation is always between 0.04 and 0.01 of an MOA. So I wont complain about 1/100th of an MOA,. I dont know if anyone could ever noticed such a small amount let alone put all their rounds in 0.01 to 0.04 at 881yds.. happy hunting.

Blessin's John

Bought one a week ago.
1345 yards to a rock face farthest so far.
900 to trees easily.
Has to be the most range per dollar out there I would think.

My 10 year old ARC1500 was a few scratches, and I never got it to range past 800 yards in perfect conditions, usually 600 to 700 it was maxed out in field conditions. Sounds like the improvement are there. I am a little worried about the 6x magnification...are you able to hold on deer at 1000 yards, or do you need a tripod mount? Based on my research it is this or pop the $900 or so for the Swaro. I mostly will use it for hunting but it might see a few matches as well.

Anyone wish they had gone with something else, and why?

Mine will range beyond what I am comfortable with taking a shot on an animal so it suits MY purpose.
All depends on your requirements I guess.

Mine will range beyond what I am comfortable with taking a shot on an animal so it suits MY purpose.
All depends on your requirements I guess.

If it will really hit 1200+ that works for me. If I range an animal at 1200, but an intermediate ravine at 700, I can do the math to figure out if getting to that ravine for a shot is viable. Max range is not always just useful for setting up a shot, it is useful for figuring out a stalk/approach in more cases than not.

It works well.....but I would NOT bet my hunt on it doing 1200 yards in every situation when you really need it IMO.
If I were in your shoes it sounds like a leica 1600 or similar is what your after.

My 10 year old ARC1500 was a few scratches, and I never got it to range past 800 yards in perfect conditions, usually 600 to 700 it was maxed out in field conditions. Sounds like the improvement are there. I am a little worried about the 6x magnification...are you able to hold on deer at 1000 yards, or do you need a tripod mount? Based on my research it is this or pop the $900 or so for the Swaro. I mostly will use it for hunting but it might see a few matches as well.

Anyone wish they had gone with something else, and why?

I have the G Force 1300

About the only ones I would go for is the G7 or the Terrapin If I wanted to get out further, As for any other theres no point in going past the G Force for around $300s when they first came out they were around $500+ and theres no way is it worth spending 900 on a fancy name brand, This thing is very understated but by God it works,
The construction and features are brilliant, It will put you on the money every time and I dont think you will get anything better for your $900s unless you are going to buy one that ranges beyoned 1600+yds like the Swaro or Ziess, But can you shoot that far and will you shoot An Elk etc that far, Like I said I have ranged small trees/shrubs to 1196yds and Bushnell say TREES at 900yds,

Dont fall in to the snob value thing like I nearly did coz a $300 is alot less painfull and has much Better features than any Ive seen so far, Like I said the G7 is the next step up for me unless I want to dream about the Vector 21etc,

600 extra for another 300yds??? I dont think so,,,, and I have downloaded all the 1800-1900 bullet ballistic charts for free and if you adjust the referance LETTER that gives you 20 different choice 4 light setting 4 setting in MOA, MIL, CMs or INCHES Bow Rifle mode Near and far settings and its built like a Tank,

John

Last edited:
If it will really hit 1200+ that works for me. If I range an animal at 1200, but an intermediate ravine at 700, I can do the math to figure out if getting to that ravine for a shot is viable. Max range is not always just useful for setting up a shot, it is useful for figuring out a stalk/approach in more cases than not.

Bushnell claim Deer at 600yds I have hit sheep at 857yds??? i think. All things being being equal its made for hunting but it could be used for other ventures,

John

What about this vs the 1600 elite

Its a little faster at ranging and better built ( Metal Case ) and it hits a few more Targets more often, But I would still wouldnt mind owning the Arc 1600 Elite not the Bino versions,

John

Thanks MilDot1960, I think you might have saved me $600. If you ever get to CO, a Pint is on me.

My furthest shot on an elk is 505, and it end up 6 feet off the ground in a juniper tree, bullet clipped across the top of heart. But no, elk past 500 is pretty risky for all sorts of reasons. Deer and Pronghorn, on the plains, with the right set-up and conditions does not often present. I know what I can hit, but carrying enough energy at range to kill cleanly is almost always the limit for me. Anyway, thanks again.

Thanks MilDot1960, I think you might have saved me $600. If you ever get to CO, a Pint is on me.

My furthest shot on an elk is 505, and it end up 6 feet off the ground in a juniper tree, bullet clipped across the top of heart. But no, elk past 500 is pretty risky for all sorts of reasons. Deer and Pronghorn, on the plains, with the right set-up and conditions does not often present. I know what I can hit, but carrying enough energy at range to kill cleanly is almost always the limit for me. Anyway, thanks again.

No Worries Mate, If I lived closer you could use it for a month or two,,,, But thems the breaks. shame.

This thing will do 500yds without taking it out of ya pocket, To me when I look at it I just cant believe it can see that far,, But it does,, So far I can not find anything that is sub-standard even the Battery door is going to last for years. (Solid Alloy). Build wise Its Mil Spec as in Grunt Proof (Heavey Duty) yet light and compact, The button is little stiff but that get a little easier after a few outings and the good thing about that is it dosent go all mushy on you further down the track, I have night vision gear thats done that and it really bugs me, Id still of bought it if it was $600.,, Anyway have fun and let us know how you get on.

John