• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up What do you pay for Range Fees?

Trovan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2007
St Augustine, FL
Just curious what everyone pays to shoot at your local ranges. The local range here has a new policy and I would like to know how that compares across the country.

As I understand our new fees starting 1 Jan:
300 and 850 yd ranges at a Sporting Clay club

Membership $200. That gets you unlimited use of 300 yd range
850 range costs extra at $10 per 2 hour block which must be reserved and prepaid in advance with no refund for cancellation

Non-members:
$20 per day for 300 yd range

850 yd range is extra at $20 per 2 hour block which must be reserved and prepaid in advance

What do you guys pay?

Re: What do you pay for Range Fees?

damn. That's steep. My local range here has a $90 anual fee for unlimited range time. If you are qualified, you can shoot the 500 yards all you want.

35 bucks a year, then again, open space is slightly more abundant here than in florida.

$150 per year at Manatee Gun and Archery. Renewal is $100.00 per year for a single member. It goes up for additional family members.

With membership, it's $5.00 per visit. I believe it's $15.00 for non members out to 565 yards and $18.00 if one wants to go out to 1000. May have gone up a tad though.

$35 year rifle range/only goes to 150 yards- havent renewed since renting place below

$50/yr trap-skeet-indoor rimfire range, targets xtra of course

450/month house rental w/400 yard range out back door, can be stretched to 980 yards if my feet are on the fence at south end of property, deer, turkeys, occasional bear and coyote....

I shoot at my local LEO range out to 400 yds. NO MEMBERSHIP AND NO FEES
grin.gif

for longer shooting I have a few secret spots. I refuse to pay to shoot anywhere except matches

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot at my local LEO range out to 400 yds. NO MEMBERSHIP AND NO FEES
grin.gif

for longer shooting I have a few secret spots. I refuse to pay to shoot anywhere except matches</div></div>

+1

$80/year at the Snow Shoe Gun Club. Shotgun range open to the public on Sundays. $5/25 shells and $5/round of clays or skeet.
Rifle range is 600 yd max distance. Bring your tannerite!

$18/day..pass says 4 hours..but if not busy can stay full day.

$90. a year for a 400 yard range unlimitted range time. 5 benches two pistol tables, the only time it is crowded is righ before hunting season. Days like today with a temp of 35 deg. I should be the only one there.
I just sent my check off for another year.
SScott

$60 a year plus ten hours of work for an unlimited use of 50 yds covered pistol and 200yds covered rifle line. Members get to shoot before and after public hours.

I think either $150-$200/year then $5 a visit. Non members is like $15 a trip. Also get a discount on classes offered of like 10-20%. Shame none of the classes were given while I was at home. Range is out to 1k.

Another range I was a member at had 1250 range and was $70 a year come and go when you please. But when we moved closer to DFW it put driving 80 miles there not so much fun anymore.

125 a year plus 3 service hours.

Range consists of 100 yard bay, 200 and 300 yard bay, pistol bay from 10 feet out to 50 yards. Indoor rimfire to 50 yards. Full archery range with wooded walk through course. And shotgun range with 5 stand and trap

Memeber have access 365 days a year from sun up to sun down. Shotgun two days a week at night. Rifle range is open to public from 12-5 360 day a year.

$65 per year gets you use of all of this at the NCW Gun Club:
600 yd
(2) 300 yd
100yd rifle
Trap range
Covered pistol bays and 100yd rifle
3 Outdoor pistol bays
Cowboy town

Gatlinburg Sportsman's Club in east TN. $125/yr membership, open sun up to sun down for shooting. Small fishing pond on it too for the kids that keeps them occupied while I'm shooting. The place is pretty empty during the week and I usually have the range to myself for hours at a time. The place isn't fancy but you're self running there, big boy rules, and some pretty decent members.

200yd rifle, 100yd rifle, 25yd reactive steel pistol/rimfire range, skeet, trap, sporting clays. Clays are extra of course, but still not badly priced.

In the process of joining another (ORSC) that has a 1000yd range and is about the same price.

4 ranges here I know about here

One is 100 yard rifle and a large 50 yard pistol bay
$35/year unlimited time

One is several pistol bays with steel targets and 400 yards rifle for
$100/year unlimited time

One is basically a rifle range only with steel targets out to a mile and covered concrete benches
$50/ year + $20 per visit

One has pistol pays with stages set up and rifle steel out to 1,000
No membership ..... $10 per visit

$50.00 a year membership fee. Unlimited range use out to 800 yards part of the year, 700 yards all year.

Parleys Canyon, PMAA range. $7 day with steel out to 800 yards. Covered benches and a clubhouse serving breakfast and lunch. I can't vouch for the quality of the grub though.

RT