• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes what do you think about nightforce scopes

blacklable

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2009
michigan
I'm thinking about buying a nightforce nxs series scope I was wondering if there worth it like how do they hold up etc.
all ideas welcome
-Mike

Re: what do you think about nightforce scopes

if i were you, you are already gonna catch some shit for this, but use the search button

What I mean is how do they hold up, whats the difference between the nero stop knobs and the regular knobs.And by the way sorry for such a noob question.
thanks
-Mike

They are as tough as prolly any scope out there. The zero stops will only turn "down" back to the original point of set zero. The regular knobs, will turn down below the point of zero. And as far as the noob question, don't let it happen again
grin.gif

They're damn fine scopes! You won't be disappointed!!

Plenty tough. From NF site:
Bullethole-scope.gif

"The hole you see in the well-used Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS scope at right was made by an enemy 7.62x39 round fired at a U.S. soldier. The bullet completely penetrated the erector tube - the heart of the scope's optical system. We’re happy to report that the soldier was not injured, and the only casualty is the scope's magnification ring, frozen on 15x. Its focus, tracking, and all other functions work just fine. It holds point of aim like new. The soldier wrapped the scope in duct tape to keep out sand and dirt, and used it without a problem for the next
three days, completing his mission. We receive many stories like this. Because Nightforce riflescopes are used in active theatres by most of the elite special forces worldwide, they are subjected to - and survive - the most brutal conditions imaginable. We won't say they're bulletproof. There is at least one soldier, however, who would argue otherwise."

Been using mine for a while now in matches and practice and love them. Always track perfectly, great glass and the knobs have nice crisp clicks. Can't go wrong with NF in my opinion and I have used many other scopes.

As if the zero stop will be good for you it depends on how you use the scope. I have zero stops on mine so i can't get lost once they are set.

I have 2 NXS scopes as well as S&B, US Optics and others. There are many great scopes of varying levels of quality and price above and below the NXS line. I feel the NXS scopes are the best value out there.

well 45 is gods caliber so I guess that says it all lol

I think Nightforce scopes are great, and I wish the NXS 3.5-15 x 50 F1 was $800.

I don't know that the .45ACP "is Gods caliber", but I do know that in my area, ALL of the city, county & state police that HAD gone to .40S&W, 9mm, what have you, have ALL switched BACK to .45 ACP.

Probably for a good reason.

Ive had nearly all of them- No Hendsolt or Premier. With that said, If my life depended on it Nightforce or S&B would be the only choice.

I have Nightforce, US Optics, and Leupold scopes and like them.