• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What do you think about the Salient Arms Glocks?

Canuck1977

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2011
Mirabel Canada
Hi Guys,

for the ones that have one, what do yo think of it? Worth the money? I was looking into getting a G21 Ludus...

let me know what you think.

Cheers

Salient is making the nicest Glocks in existence. However, even having "nice" and "Glock" in the same sentence makes me cringe a bit. I beat the shit out of my Glocks, and love the fact that I can do that without worrying about them. If you have lots of disposable income, then you'll have a hard time finding a better Glock.

Honestly though, you can get 90% of that gun for 1/6th the cost, especially if you are fairly handy. The only thing that you'll have a hard time doing is the titanium nitride/fluting of the barrel and the weight-saving cuts on the slide. You can get some custom cut slides from Lonewolf though.

My take is that these are phenomenal if impractical guns. I'd love nothing more than for someone to give one to me. For the price people are asking on Gunbroker, I could build three STELLAR custom Glocks for one Salient.

Why would I want holes in the slide unless I just wanted to give dirt an opportunity to get in.

I always thought the great thing about a Glock was that they were perfection right out of the box? They are usually totally reliable, so you can't really improve on that. They are ugly, so you can improve on that. I guess you could improve the trigger and the grip more to your liking. I just think its too much money to put into a Glock, but to each his own. I own a 2000 dollar 1911 so why not own a 2000 dollar Glock.

Id like to hear from somebody that has actually shot a Salient Glock for more than several hundred rounds and done the same with a stock Glock to hear the comparison.

I shot Pat McNamaras 17 at one of his classes. It sits in your hand like a well made glove and shoots like a pellet gun. I say buy one if you can afford it. You can always get your money back.

Glockworks/Zev can make you the same or better for much less$