• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What do you think?

RSA

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2011
Ca
I have a Stevens 200 223. I got a Boyds stock for it, feels a lot better. Painted the action, barrel, saftey, and bolt realease, with Auma-Hyde 2 flat black. just waiting on the base so I can mount the scope.

Only problem I'm having is the bolt doesn't want to rotate all the way down. Any suggestions? Thanks.
[img:center]http://
IMAG0237.jpg
[/img]
[img:center]
IMAG0242.jpg
[/img] [img:center]
IMAG0243.jpg
[/img]

Re: What do you think?

that ws it. thanks for the quick reply. im still new at this.

just put back in the original screw.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oosickness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don&#146;t know who sold you that rifle but it looks like they put a short action bolt in a long action receiver. From the looks of the pic it just looks like a bomb! <span style="color: #FF0000">DO NOT SHOOT IT</span>. Where did you get the rifle? What was done to it?

<span style="color: #FF0000">The part i circled should be inside the action when the bolt is closed!</span>
dqXqI.jpg
</div></div>

that's the factory bolt throw limiter that Savage/Stevens puts in very short chambered rifles such as the 223 and 204... it's completely normal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oosickness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is how the bolt should look! (minus the fluting)
this is pretty much the same gun as yours, a Stevens 200

Notice how the bolt lug is in side the action when closed?
Jt6hG.jpg

</div></div>

Dude, give up... you obviously don't have much experience w/ Savage based rifles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oosickness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don&#146;t know who sold you that rifle but it looks like they put a short action bolt in a long action receiver. From the looks of the pic it just looks like a bomb! <span style="color: #FF0000">DO NOT SHOOT IT</span>. Where did you get the rifle? What was done to it?

<span style="color: #FF0000">The part i circled should be inside the action when the bolt is closed!</span>
dqXqI.jpg
</div></div>

that's the factory bolt throw limiter that Savage/Stevens puts in very short chambered rifles such as the 223 and 204... it's completely normal </div></div>
well im sorry then..lol i jumped the gun..i looked weird compared to mine lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to say the same thing. DON"T SHOOT THIS GUN until you get the bolt issue sorted out </div></div>
ya i got a little to excited and started drawing circles and all that jazz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, give up... you obviously don't have much experience w/ Savage based rifles </div></div>
didn't see your first post.... relax and no i only got the long action
ya you are correct
yAhYa.jpg

I wasnt going to fire it. I knew something was wrong. I bought it brand new and wasnt like that than. As soon as I read the post it made since