• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What do you use for a range bag?

Re: What do you use for a range bag?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: startrek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need a larger range bag, I don't want to buy one but once, what do you guys recommend? </div></div> How large is the one you have? Tac Force has some nice ones.

I use an Eagle A-III pack for my range bag.

-X

I tend to use a large contractor grade plastic tool box. An alternative would be one of those wheeled plastic tool chests, but again I'd be looking for "contractor grade", not Walmart stuff.

I usually use my soft case w/ 3 pouches, and my old med. A.L.I.C.E. pack. Had that pack since I was 15, it's been overseas and back. Got it from my dad in '85.

midway bags (when they are on sale) are the best range bags for the money.

I would also recommend the Midway bag. There is plenty or room and you can't beat the price.

Get one of Eberlestock packs, and have a range bag and a hiking-equipment bag in one.

LA police gear has some that might fit you. I just use my 5.11 case and a backpack.

i find a diaper bag works pretty good. guess it depends, what sheet you tend to lug out to the range should determine the requirement.

I personally like a military surplus rucksack. A friend uses a 5gal bait bucket that doubles as a seat...to each his own. Im gonna have to check those Midway bags.

+1 on anything eagle makes. I use a 3 day "sniper" pack I won at JSOC matches a couple years ago, it's got the fold down sleeve compartment for a bolt gun that comes in handy

I ordered a range bag from the Smith & Wesson web site, lots of pockets, I'm very happy with it, I've had it for over 2 years

I am very happy with my MidwayUSA range bag. Great bag, especially for the money.

i have a black winchester bag available at walmart and a tan "med"bag i got from one of the docs on my last deployment. the black bag has a large middle compartment big enough to stack 2 mtm r-100 boxes, 2 set of muffs, 2 set of eye pro as well it has an outside sleeve for a couple bottles of lube, a rag, and/or some foamie or gummy ear pro. accessible on the inside it also has 2 fleece pistol blankets (one on each side) that are seperated from the rest of the bag. the med bag is big enough for 2 r-100s, a set of ear muffs, and my shades. it can be slung cross body, hung like a butt pack, or even dragged behind you in a stalk.

My wife got me one a few years ago, I use it sometimes but it seems the last few times I went to shoot I just threw all my shit behind the back seat of my jeep and off I went.

Some day i will buy a real range bag, but I have been using some of these for years. I have one for pistols, and others for other stuff. If I am shooting a plate match I just grab the pistol bag. The side pockets are the perfect size to hold mags. I still use the first one I bought years ago and there are still no loose seams.

Jim

old mil spec tool bag, one small if Im using just one rifle or the large one if I am taking several.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very happy with my MidwayUSA range bag. Great bag, especially for the money. </div></div>Ditto.

These days it's mostly my trunk.

For pistols I use a Dillon bag my wife got me several years ago.

If I have to hump to my shooting point I use my callout bag which is an Eagle III-A.