• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What do you use to Transport ammo at a Match?

I know @Precision Underground on here is coming out with a bullet book that I am interested in for this use
Thanks for the mention! Close to a design just need a few more hours I haven’t found to finish it up. It’s prob going to be kind of a blend between the 40/40 from AG and a standard ammo book. Hoping to get 90-110 rounds in it without it being huge and ridic. It will prob be kind of modular too so you could scale it down when needed.

Reactions: Jeeper48
Correct. Hah!
It’s all fine until Charlie hears the jingle of those cases and then you have to evacuate and find yourself ass deep in a swamp. Boxes get wet and ammo is gone. You end up a POW with a battery hooked to your nuts because you didn’t buy the PURG ammo carrier.

It’s all fine until Charlie hears the jingle of those cases and then you have to evacuate and find yourself ass deep in a swamp. Boxes get wet and ammo is gone. You end up a POW with a battery hooked to your nuts because you didn’t buy the PURG ammo carrier.
Damnit if you didnt hit the nail on the head. Charlie has advanced hearing for that jingle. Plus ammo boxes are easily spotted. A camo/kryptek/desert tan ammo folded holder could be anything...laptop, comic book storage, frisbee holder...the of possibilities are endless. #keepcharlieguessing

Damnit if you didnt hit the nail on the head. Charlie has advanced hearing for that jingle. Plus ammo boxes are easily spotted. A camo/kryptek/desert tan ammo folded holder could be anything...laptop, comic book storage, frisbee holder...the of possibilities are endless. #keepcharlieguessing

Reactions: winniedonkey
+1 for the Walsh Custom Designs. Yes, it’s pricey, but it will last a long time, and Greg really supports our sport, plus he often volunteeres to RO at local club matches. Good guy, good shooter, good ammo carriers.

Reactions: AverageGrunt
I really like the cole tach binders or just MTM boxes if it’s the range. I really like the Armageddon brass bag for the way home. Makes everything easy and the binders fit in your bag so much better

@reubenski

So you work for .gov? ???

Today was October I think and felt like that. Sans increased lubricity. All Wyoming style. Ask @Bender if you need details. He sends weird texts sometimes when he’s on “business trips”.

Reactions: Bender
So 4x what the “civilian” side of .gov gets. And extra sometimes for no apparent reason.....

Ft Carson? Think we swapped some gear and reloading supplies 2-3 years back.

Anyways. Be safe sir.

I haven’t seen anyone mention these yet. I picked up a couple Voodoo tactical Ammo wallets. They are $16 each and hold 40 rounds. They have worked really well for me. I tried using plastic boxes to start and they were a little tough to pack. I’m one of those less is more guys and try to pack only the gear I need and keep my pack as small and light as possible. The big square boxes just didn’t work for me and I didn’t like my ammo lose in a pocket of my pack.

I just the plastic ammo sleeves from a whack of Fed GMM ammo that I previously used.. The sleeves hold 10mrds a piece, don't rattle around and take up very little room in my pack. Even if I was made of money which I am not I can't see myself paying for something that doesn't work any better than what I am using now.

I'm surprised that only one person has mentioned @softcock's ammo binders. Everyone's got their own needs and their own quirks, so maybe other solutions work better for some people. But for me personally, 1) I don't like hearing my ammo rattling around, 2) I like being able to tell at a glance how many rounds I've fired and how many I have left, 3) if the wind blows a handful of dirt over my ammo I don't want to have to dump all the cartridges out to clean the container, and 4) on general principles I avoid any gear that'll be damaged by exposure to water.

So for me, those ammo binders work way better than boxes and bags.

I've got a few of his 40-round 6.5CM binders and I love them. They're really well made -- clean design, solid execution, the right materials, not too expensive. They're compact, they fold up square so they stack nicely in your bag, they're easy to fill and empty, and they feel like they'll last forever. If he made them for pistol calibers I'd buy those too.

I’m also a fan of the Cole-Tac ammo novel. For awhile I just carried ammo around in factory paper boxes or the flip top plastic ammo boxes I use for load development. Got tired of messing with the paper boxes and listening to my ammo rattle around from stage to stage. The Walsh Custom Defense design looks pretty good as well, but I chose the Cole-Tac because it’s about .75 lbs lighter, yet still plenty sturdy.

I use my old ammo boxes from factory ammo. Does just fine.

My old Lapua brass boxes work quite well.
No way I’m spending over a few bucks for a box.

Crown Royal bags or the A-Tip bags, one or two for loaded ammo and another for empty brass.

I own two of these. Mainly just for 50 BMG, but I will randomly take the magnum one out just a little extra bling.

Otherwise, it’s Softcock’s stuff, or Triad, or TAB.

Hi,

I use this..........works like a charm.

1620488515625.png

When he is busy I just use something like this.
1620488596896.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: BadDogPSD
@Precision Underground any chance your bullet book might get released soon? I'm in the market for one and I've been super happy with the bags I've snagged from you.
We appreciate the support! We have just been too busy to work on it this year man. I’ve got a few designs I may revisit and work on if I can find the time.