• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WHAT EQUIPEMENT WOULD YOU NEED....

THUNDERBOLT68

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2009
TEXAS
I am getting into competitions ( long range, 3-gun. )
I was wandering if you guys could post items you think someone should have. ( ie. packs,cleaning supplies, tools. etc...)
Also, could you be specific ( ie. xy- brand, and model... )

Re: WHAT EQUIPEMENT WOULD YOU NEED....

Just start with the basics and essentials, run a few comps and figure out what you need from there.

Can't say I've ever seen any 2 competition rigs, duty belts, tac vest, gear bags setup the same way with the same stuff.

For me, simple is better. I run a SOTECH belt with 2 AI mag pouches, 2 pistol mag pouches, and a Safariland holster for my Glock 19. Coupled with a small backpack (I borrowed Frank's Kifaru at the Cup this year) for extra ammo, mildot master, lube, boresnake, etc..., and I am all set.

I can't speak to the three-gun set-up as I've never done a three-gun competition.

TB....for tools that i carry with me @ matches, i would get one of those Borka torque wrenches and carry it along with the bits for scope rings and action screws with me at all times. Also i would get a set of allen keys to keep with you. I use a TAG Gear pistol belt with 3 AICS mag pouches, 2 pistol mag pouches, and a Serpa on it. I also carry a Spec Ops THE pack or something along those lines to put water, extra ammo, and other various shit in. I would look at the Sotech Snipers Hydration Harness for something simple. As for the 3 gun stuff i have no idea.

Thanks guys. I was thinking wbout Borka torque wench, so it does work great? Also, Thanks deadly0311 some great ideas..

as much as I hate benelli shotguns (on principle mainly), They seem to be the most consistent as far as taking the abuse that 3-gun competitions can dish out. I've seen a gajillion 1100's go down screaming without having had too much abuse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys. I was thinking wbout Borka torque wench, so it does work great? Also, Thanks deadly0311 some great ideas.. </div></div>

Yessir it works great. Get the MilSpec model that has the inch pounds settings engraved above the holes. I believe its 75 bucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys. I was thinking wbout Borka torque wench, so it does work great? Also, Thanks deadly0311 some great ideas..</div></div>

Yes, Most Definitely, and Absolutely. Handy piece of kit that works, and you won't break/wear out.

THUNDERBOLT, try and keep your kit as light as possible. Its not that big of a deal with smaller local matches but once you step up to the bigger annual matches and things like that your are going to be running around and having to hump your gear. Work out your cardio to stay competitive.

I have mine down to a rifle and a well packed Camel Bak. I'm looking to start tri-gun and carbine matches myself so thanks for making the post!

I would attend a few matches and look what others are using. Take a camera with you and photograph everything you can. There is usually an equipment list posted somewhere. Look and see what secrets the winners will share.

check out Brian Enos forums. its all about 3 gun and uspsa. stay in the limited class or you will spend thousands!

Shooting jacket, shooting glove, shooting HAT (has a long bill).

Good sling, a good shooting mat. Decent spotting scope.

THere ya go. A cart is nice though..