• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Fast Is...

Switchblade

muf kin poser
Minuteman
Lamy102012372.jpg

Currently leading overall at 24 Heurs de Le mans, Curcuit de Sarthe. Ford Power leads with an old Saleen S7 in the minor GT class, whoopin Corvette ass
grin.gif

Re: What Fast Is...

OK, what fast was...Peugeot #2 who has been overall leader for a loooooong time has just burned out on the side of the Indy corner leaving Audi again uncontested for top spot. Oh well, it is morning over there and an entire day to go racing still.

So much for Corvette leading GT2, Davidson in the Peugeot just put him into the wall.

Audi makes 9:11 for Le Mans, sweeping a 1,2,3 finish. Peugeot was still the fastest on the track until late in the race when Audi eclipsed the old record. Saleen Ford Power beat Ford, Corvette, and Aston Martin, but all made top 10(8:8 cars
wink.gif
)
Again, Ferrarri has had it's ass stomped by Porche, Corvette, and still hasn't won LE Mans overall since 1965. Guess they been sleeping. Now for the Continental Sports Car race which I DVR'd
grin.gif

Thanks for the update Switch.

I used to keep up with racing back in the 1960s and early 70s. Family just took up more time than I had to spare.

Well they added wieght to the Audi, made it's fuel(DIESEL) tank smaller and still it kicks ass, I bet it gets outlawed so somebody else can win.

Vorsprung durch technik! Difficult to beat the Audi R15's with the strategy and team thay have. Peugeots were running too hard to last the entire 24hrs. Nice to see the Sallen S7 win the GT1 on the last race before being retired.

Italians painting the 911 GT3 RSR Ferrari red instead of guards red is just wrong, still their a great team.

C6R Vette and the Ferrari was a great battle before they both disintigrated. Factory Vettes need to get it together, at least some privateers finished.

Wathcing TV that long will put a hurting on you!

I heard there's a privateer bringing a Ford GT back to the 24hr. I just might have to get involved.

The upcoming Petite Le Mans, and Daytona race shoud be good.
The effort with the Ford GT has at least netted consistant performance. The vette's are also pretty darn consistant.
Where Peugeot made it's mistake was running hard and hitting too many corner curbs. Audi's tactic was speed, smooth transitions, and no curbs. This slightly slower tactic gave them an edge at teh end where if the 908's would have still been leading would have given Audi the advantage to run harder, pass, and win anyway. Gotta love a team that can run three top cars in line at the end though. Only three company's have ever done that. Ferrarri, Ford/Shelby, Audi