• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing What game bags

ingraham

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2018
Can anyone direct me to some good but inexpensive game bags for my upcoming elk hunt
Thanks

If you are going multiple times make your own out of a painters cloth drop sheet, they last years and year, my choice. Cannot comment on disposable versions but they are a one and done product most will work once.

Reactions: ghostinthewoods
Yeah, TAG bags, Black Ovis (usually you can get a full set on camofire for around $40) something like that. I've used Black Ovis quite a bit, they work really well. The blood washes out really easy, but keeps the meat maggot and fly free. I like them. Their cheap, fairly light, and pretty durable.

Yes, I have found that the TAG Bags also clean up very nice too. Black Ovis didn't have thier bags for sale when I got mine. I will say my shopping / customer service experience with them has always great! I wouldn't hesitate to try thier bags either.

I use the KUIU deboned bags as I usually debone large animals before packing them out. Pending my time and location. The handles are great on those bags when you have one in each hand on each side along with whatever fits in your pack. If taking out full 1/4s I use something like the Alaska Game bags or koola's. Usually keep them in those if hanging the meat at first. I just bought a set of the Blackovis and they seem to look quality. Haven't used those yet. But lots of good options mentioned here.

Search amazon for reusable game bags. I have a kit i found. Wasnt too expensive and all packs up small.

Plus one for the pillow cases and old bed sheets. I like the thinner materials meat seems to "air out" and dry better. Then you just throw them away.

Reactions: BadDogPSD
I use pillow cases and sheets sewn into bags as well. We usually shoot to much stuff and hunt too much to be cleaning bags all the time. I get used ones from the Youth Ranch or a thrift store. wash them up, use them, and chuck them. We usually pay under 1.00 each and many times it's closer to .25 for the pillow cases. They aren't as light as the Kuiu or other reusable bags but it's hard to beat them for the price.

Reactions: BadDogPSD