• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What guns/actions feed a dasher really Well?

Cody S

Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
My girlfriend is looking to pick up a lefty dasher. Don't know if the rpr or tikka tac a1 will feel them well. If those two wont I'll probably wait for the ARC nucleus and put it in an MPA chassis and trigger tech diamond trigger.

If you're deciding between the rpr to a nucleus, chassis, and diamond that really isn't a fair comparison. I went with the bighorn tl3 for my dasher build when I looked into actions that fed dasher well.

I have a RPR in 6 dasher and it feeds perfectly. Only catch is, you need to use single stack AICS mags equipped with a conversion kit which can be had from either PVA or Primal Rights. Both work really well, take seconds to install and are inexpensive.

I believe the CRF in the TL3 is a huge plus for feeding any cartridge that is historically difficult to feed, right?

My Tikka handles dasher as well as anything else I've witnessed. But with the Tac A1, you're married to the CTR mags as long as you use the factory chassis and I'm not aware of a spacer kit for the CTR mags, or how they work with the br case.

I don't know if donors are as common in left hand, but I'm super happy with my T3 build.

Reactions: Cody S
My Mausingfield has worked well running the Dasher.

Remember about two and a half? years ago that "the internet" said that only a very few mythical creatures had been able to run a Dasher in an R700-but even then it wasn't a reliable feeder? Funny.

Lone Peak actions will do it. Travis Stevens at TS Customs has built countless dashers and personally runs one in compititions.

I just hope we start seeing some 6 BR brass on the shelves soon!

Reactions: snarkscarbine
I've built about 150 Dasher barrels on Bighorn TL3's
Probably 20-25 on Mausingfields
2 for NUCLEUS prototypes

All of them work without issue.
Sometimes the mags are tricky but we have kits for the mags that need them.

I've even built half a dozen AIAT/AIAX barrels for 6 Dasher and 6BR over the past few months and the owners are running those without any action mods, just a mod to the AW mag.

http://patriotvalleyarms.com/6mm-br-6mm-dasher-mag-kit/

Reactions: Str8shot
My mausingfield and arc mags run my dasher flawlessly and I can load them long. My gf wants a gun similar to mine so she can get into the sport. At this point if I do a custom build I'm torn between the tl3, nucleus, and mausingfield. I just want to make sure the action works with arc mags or if the tikka Ctr mags work perfect without a conversion. I'd like to save her money if possible but if not I'll build her one myself and have my friend shoulder her a barrel.

Most customs this day in age will run them, might require a mag kit for a push feed but the CRF/Mechanical eject won't have an issue with it. There's even a kit for AW mags now so guys with AIs and tempest can run them.

I've heard anecdotes that actions with CRF and mechanical ejection work better with the Dasher than push feed and plunger actions.