• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What happened to Leupold Mk5 5-25x56 in MIL?

Baron23

Check 6
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland
    Hi guys - maybe I missed it or am just being a wee bit dense, but I no longer see on Leupold's site the Mk 5-25x56 in MIL....only MOA.

I have a MIL CCH reticle in this scope on a 6.5 CM and I'm quite happy with it.

And, I could swear that up until very recently I have seen the MIL version of this scope on their site, but not now??

They are, of course, still for sale from on-line retailers, but not shown on Leupold's site at all.

Did I miss them discontinuing this configuration or??

Thanks

Probably just out of stock? Website glitch? I can’t imagine they’d get rid of it.
    Well, if just out of stock they sure have a strange way of showing it....that is, not showing the product at all.

Maybe a website screw-up...it happens.

I agree....hard to see them getting rid of it as its a very popular scope and I rather like mine for a good quality scope that is not in the top tier price range of Tangent Theta, ZCO, and the like.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

The hide broke the internet when the PR2 reticle came out
    hahaha.....perhaps.

But, if you look for the CCH reticle (what I have on my 5-25), it doesn't show the Mk 5-25 as a product with this reticle at all. Nor for the Tremor 3 which my buddy has in 5-25x56???

And for the PR2, when you go to that reticle in their listing, it shows NO products with it (yet, I presume).

So, beats the heck out of me.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Their production may be severely impacted by the plandemic. I sent my 5-25 Tremor3 in for service the 2nd time in early July and was told I would get a replacement ... haven't seen anything or heard anything.

I found the Mil version on Leupold.com. https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-scopes
    It showed the Mil version that I have on my 5-25x, and others. Seems their online catalog isn’t user friendly.

Actually, no...I don't see it from the link you posted. The link takes me to rifle scopes....pretty much all of them.

Scrolling down to MK 5 HD, the only Mk 5 HD scope in MIL shown there is the 3.6-18X44 and 7-45X56

No Mk 5 HD in 5-25x56 in MIL that I can see.

A more direct and focused link is for the Mk 5 HD scopes here:

If you can find it again, may I ask that you please post the link for the specific scope, i.e. 5-25x56 MIL

I'm going to write to Leupold...just out of curiosity...and see what they say.

Thanks for the reply.

It's not just gone from the navigation, the product URL is broken as well.

I imagine they'll fix the glitch shortly. In the meantime, you can view reticles, reticle diagrams, specs, SKUs, and user manual here.

Reactions: Baron23
    Well, I stand corrected. I had selected the Mark 5 section, saw two Mil versions, and a description on the 7x45 that mentioned its “smaller brother, the 5-25x” and figured that was the place to go. That is what I get for using an iPad and being in a hurry. I have a 5-25 Mil Mark 5 myself, so I’ll be interested in what Leupold has to say.

Last edited:
    No, it's not on there.

But maybe it's because they're filling .mil orders? It is the army's new Mk22 optic. ATACR was chosen by SOCOM for the same rifle and those have a three month lead time right now too but IIRC they come off a separate line (Lightforce?).

The mil scope was on there a week ago but I wanna say it had only old reticles? Most of their good shit is sold out right now too. You want MOA, mildot and non-illuminated though for $4k+ MSRP and they're you're huckleberry.

It has nothing to do with being out of stock - Leupold.com normally maintains listings even for discontinued products. It’s almost certainly just a temporary website glitch. An intern was adding a reticle and clicked Delete instead of Update or something dumb like that.

Probably got tired of being beat out by NF and Vortex so they said fuck it.....
    Before the wolves come and cancel me I was just kidding. I like leupold. That is weird tho they dont have the other listed. :LOL::unsure:

• Haha
    The 5-25 MIL is listed under the Tactical scopes heading.
    I’m also having trouble finding it. Checked under Tactical. I’m no spring chicken so granted, it could be user error, but I think I did a pretty thorough search. For what seemed like forever. On another note, I understand the PR2 is now, or will be in a 7-35 option?

It's there.

It's there.
    It’s obviously user error. I see: CCH FFP, TMR and Tremor 3 illuminated and not, and H59. What am I doing wrong?

It’s obviously user error. I see: CCH FFP, TMR and Tremor 3 illuminated and not, and H59. What am I doing wrong?

Update: I just spoke to Chris from Leupold’s sales division. According to him, the Mk 5 with PR2 reticle is not on the website. He could not give a specific date when that would happen but said it would be in the upcoming weeks and the option to purchase would be then.

They need a new web team.

I was looking at mark 6's one day and noticed mark 5. Checked out the specs, and mentioned to my Dad he should order me one (works for gold ring dealer). Few days later, we look and nothing. Call the rep and got a "how did you know about that, it's not scheduled for release for 6 months?"

Somehow I stumbled on a page that wasn't supposed to be live, but was.

More often than not, they have broken links, missing pages, and missing info.