• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What happened to the 6.5 guys?

Exactly my issue with him. You would be hard-pressed to convince me that he is not being paid. His videos seem like infomercials.

Every video he produces is about selling a product, not a true review. I have never heard him say a negative thing about a company. In fact, he calls them "Partners". What does that tell you?

He rarely shoots on the channel. He builds "PRS" guns but has only posted one video about shooting in a match. He posts a five second clip of himself shooting a "one hole" group.

The truth is he is the ULTIMATE SHILL.
I can’t watch his vids
Too much like watching a commercial.

Exactly my issue with him. You would be hard-pressed to convince me that he is not being paid. His videos seem like infomercials.

Every video he produces is about selling a product, not a true review. I have never heard him say a negative thing about a company. In fact, he calls them "Partners". What does that tell you?

He rarely shoots on the channel. He builds "PRS" guns but has only posted one video about shooting in a match. He posts a five second clip of himself shooting a "one hole" group.

The truth is he is the ULTIMATE SHILL.
Haters gonna Hate.

How many videos have you guys made?

Not sure if you know how the whole product review game goes but if you are negative and bash products you probably wont have many companies sending you products to review. Aside from that hes generally not a negative person and he spends his own money on things just to make a video about it, for you.

Reactions: Jmkjr87
Haters gonna Hate.

Not sure if you know how the whole product review game goes but if you are negative and bash products you probably wont have many companies sending you products to review. Aside from that hes generally not a negative person and he spends his own money on things just to make a video about it, for you.
Let me be clear. I am not hating on Gavin. I am hating on "Reviews" that are completely biased.

If you show off a product, but do not reference issues related to it, you are a Salesman.

Gavin seems like a nice guy. But, he is not offering unbiased content.

Let me be clear. I am not hating on Gavin. I am hating on "Reviews" that are completely biased.

If you show off a product, but do not reference issues related to it, you are a Salesman.

Gavin seems like a nice guy. But, he is not offering unbiased content.

I'm not hating on him either. I just don't find his content helpful.

Reactions: Changed
Fuck hornady. There only good at making cheap garbage. There bullets suck, there reloading equip suck and there development team sucks. In closing hornady as a company can suck it

You guys can knock Hornady all you want, but I find there factory ammo to be second to none at a price a working man can afford. Only factory ammo that can compete at a similar price point is Federal GMM. For hunting ammo every deer I have shot with their Precision Hunter ELD-X bullet has dropped where it stood. My brother shoots Barns ammo because he is the type of guy that thinks you should spend $50 for a box of 20, but I always have to help him track his deer
and he very rarely has ever had to help me locate a wounded animal.

Reactions: Changed
Haters gonna Hate.

Hi,

Except that you or anyone else really do not know what he spends his money on vs what he is "gifted" to/for a review because essentially nobody in the firearms industry thinks the FCC ruling on requiring a reviewer to acknowledge whether they were paid or received gift for the "review" in which essentially converts the review to "paid advertisement" applies to them; BUT BUT the FCC is getting ready to start dropping the fines onto the firearms industry "reviewers" for violations of the FCC ruling.

FCC is currently working on this issue right now!!!

Companies that seek out "reviewers" that are ONLY positive are not seeking a review, they are seeking an endorsement....BIG difference.

Sincerely,
Theis

You guys can knock Hornady all you want, but I find there factory ammo to be second to none at a price a working man can afford. Only factory ammo that can compete at a similar price point is Federal GMM. For hunting ammo every deer I have shot with their Precision Hunter ELD-X bullet has dropped where it stood. My brother shoots Barns ammo because he is the type of guy that thinks you should spend $50 for a box of 20, but I always have to help him track his deer
Shot placement has a big effect on killing a animal. You could have the best bullet in the world but get of a horrible shot then you will be tracking. My grandpa would pop deer behind the ear with a .22 long rifle and the fucker would hit the deck. As to the rest of your statement, if your goal is to make affordable ammo then great, but I believe there products are subpar. Just weigh some of there bullets and measure there length tip to tip and base to olive, there all over the place

This is a precision rifle forum though, not what we are looking for.

Hows that, by showing all the cool toys hes got. He cant make dick from utube. He just broke 100k suba after 12 years of doing it so hes gotta be a trust fund kid or got a good job cuz that dudes got toys and hes constantly buying expensive shit to show ppl

Pretty sure he mentioned something about being an engineer once. If he has a salary well into the 6 figures then the channel becomes a business that's a negative income tax write-off to play with gun stuff.

I'd also guess he gets some stuff gifted, some for special pricing.

This is a precision rifle forum though, not what we are looking for.
I was just using their hunting ammo as an example of putting out a pretty good product at good price point, but to get back to precision rifles and ammo. What bullet manufacturer and or ammunition manufacturer surpasses Hornady by leaps and bounds?.....As shitty as some claim they are the list must be long.

I was just using their hunting ammo as an example of putting out a pretty good product at good price point, but to get back to precision rifles and ammo. What bullet manufacturer and or ammunition manufacturer surpasses Hornady by leaps and bounds?.....As shitty as some claim they are the list must be long.
For starters Berger bullets smokes hornady everyday of the weak. I'd be willing to bet the cheap bergers is better than the best hornady bullets. Lapua bullets and Sierra bullets are also way above hornady as far as quality. I do buy hornady 55 grain ball bullets to make cheap ammo for my AR but that's it.

I dont know, I have not used factory ammo in long guns since around 2004.
I can tell you for sure that berger bullets and lapua bullets are superior to hornady by "leaps and bounds"

For starters Berger bullets smokes hornady everyday of the weak. I'd be willing to bet the cheap bergers is better than the best hornady bullets. Lapua bullets and Sierra bullets are also way above hornady as far as quality. I do buy hornady 55 grain ball bullets to make cheap ammo for my AR but that's it.
Same 55 grain hornadies for my chrome lined ar barrel.

I don’t claim to be the most expert reloader and I do not shoot bench rest. I don’t need quarter or eighth minute accuracy, but what I do know is I can take a $29 box of Hornaday factory ammo and shoot 1/2 to 3/4 MOA with them in my Tikka or AIAX all day any day. If that is shit ammo then I will buy a box of shit Hornady ammo anyday of the week.

I don’t claim to be the most expert reloader and I do not shoot bench rest. I don’t need quarter or eighth minute accuracy, but what I do know is I can take a $29 box of Hornaday factory ammo and shoot 1/2 to 3/4 MOA with them in my Tikka or AIAX all day any day. If that is shit ammo then I will buy a box of shit Hornady ammo anyday of the week.
Go to an F class match and see what bullets they are using, that cuts through the bullshit pretty quick.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Also you can get pretty good groups at 100 yards but as the bullet starts to run out of steam further down range the irregularities in the jacket start showing up on the target.

And I thought I was good at being a troll

It's funny that guys who say this shit also do a 3 shot group at what they think is 100yds, no rangefinder, measure it and say, yuppp half inch group, that's a half min gun all day boys. Then they pack up and take off. As soon as they try to stretch that guns legs it doesn't work for them and then the excuses come out of the wood work. My scope is off, the ammo is old, I dropped the rifle. Hows that hornady ammo do at 500 yds? 1000 yds?

Reactions: tnichols
Also you can get pretty good groups at 100 yards but as the bullet starts to run out of steam further down range the irregularities in the jacket start showing up on the target.
For the record I do shoot steel targets out to 1000 yards. I can usually hold one MOA or less out to 1000Yds.
I believe there are better bullets out there. I guess everybody has their own definition of what bad, good and great is. I just wish everybody else thought Hornady stuff was garbage maybe I can find some on the shelves.....😁

For the record I do shoot steel targets out to 1000 yards. I can usually hold one MOA or less out to 1000Yds.
I believe there are better bullets out there. I guess everybody has their own definition of what bad, good and great is. I just wish everybody else thought Hornady stuff was garbage maybe I can find some on the shelves.....😁
I wouldn't use hornady bullets to blow my brains out with

• Haha
It's funny that guys who say this shit also do a 3 shot group at what they think is 100yds, no rangefinder, measure it and say, yuppp half inch group, that's a half min gun all day boys. Then they pack up and take off. As soon as they try to stretch that guns legs it doesn't work for them and then the excuses come out of the wood work. My scope is off, the ammo is old, I dropped the rifle. Hows that hornady ammo do at 500 yds? 1000 yds?
I assure you I do five shot groups at precisely 100 yards. I do not believe in three shot groups and I have absolutely no problem hitting a 6” plate at 600yds.

I assure you I do five shot groups at precisely 100 yards. I do not believe in three shot groups and I have absolutely no problem hitting a 6” plate at 600yds.
So if u can afford a accuracy international then why fuck around with hornady? I understand people can't afford the best so they buy the best they can afford but aren't those like 5 grand rifles?

Reactions: bigshooter300
So if u can afford a accuracy international then why fuck around with hornady? I understand people can't afford the best so they buy the best they can afford but aren't those like 5 grand rifles?
Like I said I’m not shooting bench rest I’m just banging steel out to 1000 yards. If Hornaday will get it done for me at $29 a box why do I need to pay more. I do reload a little bit here and there not because I’m trying to squeeze more accuracy out of my rifle mostly because I’m trying to hot rod the round a little bit.

Like I said I’m not shooting bench rest I’m just banging steel out to 1000 yards. If Hornaday will get it done for me at $29 a box why do I need to pay more. I do reload a little bit here and there not because I’m trying to squeeze more accuracy out of my rifle mostly because I’m trying to hot rod the round a little bit.
You are a master troll sir, I bow to u

I have the same experience w eld match. Even American gunner 140 are great out to 800......BUT I am shooting a AX and tikka as well so it might not be fair comparing our experience to others hahah

Hi,

Except that you or anyone else really do not know what he spends his money on vs what he is "gifted" to/for a review because essentially nobody in the firearms industry thinks the FCC ruling on requiring a reviewer to acknowledge whether they were paid or received gift for the "review" in which essentially converts the review to "paid advertisement" applies to them; BUT BUT the FCC is getting ready to start dropping the fines onto the firearms industry "reviewers" for violations of the FCC ruling.

Companies that seek out "reviewers" that are ONLY positive are not seeking a review, they are seeking an endorsement....BIG difference.

Sincerely,
Theis
Indidnt realize there needs to be a disclaimer for an individual doing unboxing or first impreasions videos on new products.
Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
Whoa man why you gotta go gettin the FCC involved for a simple new product unboxing video?

• Haha
Read this thread with a Johnny's Reloading Bench video going in the background. Talk about another guy that can enthusiastically cram 20 seconds of information into a 15 minute video..

Reactions: Temper
So did we ever determine what actually happened to the 65 guys?

They're both good dudes, nothing dramatic happened. They were shooting less matches, got busy, life happens. They parted ways on the youtube channel. It's a ton of work when you're not actively chasing the competition scene and if you're not having fun while making videos.

They're still around, just haven't seen them at matches in a while.

They're both good dudes, nothing dramatic happened. They were shooting less matches, got busy, life happens. They parted ways on the youtube channel. It's a ton of work when you're not actively chasing the competition scene and if you're not having fun while making videos.

They're still around, just haven't seen them at matches in a while.
We want to hear it from them can you put them on the line so we know they are still alive and safe......

Those fucking faggots caused so much unreversible Internet bullshit that people will be swallowing for fucking years to come. I told you people from the very beginning. Somebody probably blew a few fingers off and sued their fucking asses.