• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What happened to the AS .50?

N2DADARK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
I remember some hype around it, think Future Weapons and Weaponology had something on it but I haven't herd anything since.

Re: What happened to the AS .50?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Schryvers had one for sale not too long ago </div></div>

I'm pretty sure that was an AW50 that Lin has for sale here which is the bolt action repeater .50BMG from AI. An excellent rifle, but not the semi-auto AS50.

You might track down Stacey Blankenship who is a member here and who works with AI and see if he can give you more details. If anyone would know, it'd be Stacey!

LoL wish I had the money to buy one, even in bolt action, I was just wondering if it ever went anywhere or anyone else heard the hype about it because it all fizzled out. I also remeber a slo-mo video showing how much everthing shook, even the AI scope flexed under the recoil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Schryvers had one for sale not too long ago </div></div>

I'm pretty sure that was an AW50 that Lin has for sale here which is the bolt action repeater .50BMG from AI. An excellent rifle, but not the semi-auto AS50.

You might track down Stacey Blankenship who is a member here and who works with AI and see if he can give you more details. If anyone would know, it'd be Stacey! </div></div>

Ahh... Good catch

I haven't seen anything about them in awhile now. I have come across the same video.

I had called Stacey quite a while back and was told that the AS50 was developed for the military, mainly Navy Seals. He stated that it would not be for sale to the public and the price tag was somewhere around $30K if I remember correctly. Very cool gun but wayyyyyy out of my price range. The AW50 makes a great substitute. Very little recoil and very accurate.

Like the OP I saw it first on one of the shows. The most interesting feature I saw is that it appears to be DGI. Looks to have a huge gas tube in that receiver. This could bring a whole debate of this vs. piston for .50 cal's. LOL, there hasn't been enough discussion on THAT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N2DADARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LoL wish I had the money to buy one, even in bolt action, I was just wondering if it ever went anywhere or anyone else heard the hype about it because it all fizzled out. I also remeber a slo-mo video showing how much everthing shook, even the AI scope flexed under the recoil. </div></div>

Here is the video for those interested like I was. Definitely some big shake!

YouTube Video slow motion AS .50

Since I started shooting a can on my guns I have noticed with my eyes that the barrel flexes when the gun is fired. Standing to the side of the weapon when someone else is firing I can see the barrel "whip" as the round goes off. I thought it was pretty amazing! I have not noticed it on my 50 as I don't want to stand to the side of that extremely large break, only way behind that sucker!

I've owned a couple of AW50's and are far and away the finest fifty on the market. Very accurate and built solid. Thats not saying that the other fifty's aren't great but when you see them together you will know what I mean. The AS50 would be nice but also out of my price range.