• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing What happened to the "bolt knob jig" thread?

WDL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2011
Somewhere, USA
I was enjoying reading about the Savage bolt knob modifications and it up and disappeared. What happened to it?

Re: What happened to the "bolt knob jig" thread?

I think he was hunted down by some the giants of innovation and offered a huge sum for the rights to his great idea. Thats just my guess.

confused.gif
I don't know. I'm guessing someone stole my idea and headed to the pattent office to make it theirs
laugh.gif
I'm thinking maybe I should have posted it in the bolt rifle section since I'm not a real 'smith.

All I can say is if the moderators want to play 'Gestapo' and delete anything they want, then I won't be a member of this forum much longer.

Thanks for the link. But I would like to know what happened to the one posted here along with my and other Hide members' comments.

I'm more than a little unhappy that my comments have been deleted (along with the entire thread) especially when I didn't cuss or break any of the forum rules.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamoWildcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the link. But I would like to know what happened to the one posted here along with my and other Hide members' comments.

I'm more than a little unhappy that my comments have been deleted (along with the entire thread) especially when I didn't cuss or break any of the forum rules.</div></div>

Was it the AZPrecison bolt thread? It was very long, took a lot of bandwidth and was deleted at the request of the original poster because he does bolt work under a different co. name now.

No, it wasn't AZPrecision. It was a guy who plays around with his own lathe and was showing everyone his homemade jig for making the savage handles.

It was a pretty slick setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, it wasn't AZPrecision. It was a guy who plays around with his own lathe and was showing everyone his homemade jig for making the savage handles.

It was a pretty slick setup.</div></div>

Yeah, just saw it in the link posted above. I remember it posted here too.

It was removed because of a problem with some thing I couldn't identify at the time, why or how to fix.

When you opened the thread it brought up a Login In for the Military from Fort Bragg.

So something was causing this military log in to appear.

We received several Moderator Alerts about it, and I couldn't fix it so I removed it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Re: My new Savage bolt knob jig'

The reason you are being notified is:

i got that same Ft Bragg log on pop up box when i opened this thread and i didnt get it before.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i got this pop up The server www.bragg.army.mil at nase.ds.army.mil requires a username and password. Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).</div></div>

Looking later it appears it was a user's signature image might have been hosted on a military computer...? but it kept coming up so I killed the thread. It was the easy answer.

After all, I am the Hitler of this site so either sign on as good little forum Nazi or I will get the Gestapo to banish you to the Eastern Front. permanently.

Also if you don't like when something is "moderated" on here, I suggest using the Private Message feature to a moderator or me, for an answer. If you want to spout off you can find yourself gone very easily.

No military computer here. I wonder if it's something going on with Photobucket where the pics are hosted? I was wondering if I hadn't put up too many pictures or something?

What I didn't like was having a thread that I was enjoying reading disappear without so much as an explanation.
And if you want to boot me off this forum for speaking my peace, go right ahead. I got along just fine before joining this forum and I can do so again.

it was a members signature line that he linked. it spread to other threads to and that was a slick thread. i was looking for that myself. anyone know the member name?

and its piece, not peace

it was a members signature line that he linked. it spread to other threads to and that was a slick thread. i was looking for that myself. anyone know the member name?

and its piece, not peace

and it's too not to

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catskinner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was a members signature line that he linked. it spread to other threads to and that was a slick thread. i was looking for that myself. anyone know the member name?

and its piece, not peace

and it's too not to </div></div>

"It also spread to other threads" might be better English,Mr Manners !!!!
laugh.gif

It sounds like it may have been an issue with someone else's signature as I don't have any pictures in mine. I'll re-post the pics and see what happens. If the problem is with my pics hopefully someone will let me know. I'll start a new thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No military computer here. I wonder if it's something going on with Photobucket where the pics are hosted? I was wondering if I hadn't put up too many pictures or something? </div></div>

Could have been from any of the other members who posted on that thread , I use a NASA computer and somtimes it will cause issues like this as well as other crap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catskinner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was a members signature line that he linked. it spread to other threads to and that was a slick thread. i was looking for that myself. anyone know the member name?

and its piece, not peace

and it's too not to </div></div>

I believe to should be too also
"It also spread to other threads" might be better English,Mr Manners !!!!
laugh.gif
</div></div>