• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is a "dump bag"

Powerstrokediesel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2008
North Whitehall, Pennsylvania
I receently purchased an Eagle Industries M60/ M4 ammo pouch and it came with an optional attachment to convert it into a dump bag. I do not know what that is. Please excuse my ignorance. Perhaps for fired brass?

Thanks

Re: What is a "dump bag"

M60/SAW pouches can be used as "dumpers", but not very good ones. They are too small (IMHO) and take too long to drop items into. I think they were a stop-gap measure until the market filled the void. I have used my Eagle SAS and CSM Gear dumpers for all kinds of stuff over the years. Ear pro, empty mags, loose rounds, evidence, gas mask, CS/Smoke/NFDD/Less Lethal, water, lunch, gloves etc...

It's for when you have to ....
Antipersonnelmine.jpg

laugh.gif

I never carried one(you only have so much room on your vest!) A lot of guys had 550 cord tied to the bottom of their mags and used a d-ring to collect them. I just dropped my mags and never cared. I worked with some guys who were issued MP7 and I guess the mags they use are hard to get because they each carried a drop bag on their legs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BamaLoaded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To put empty mags in. </div></div>

+1

a dump bag will work best on your weak side, on the backside on a belt. if youve got time throw mags in there if not the ground works great to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's for when you have to ....
Antipersonnelmine.jpg

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Where's the e-tool?

I would just put mags in my cargo pockets, old school.

Jamie

The creation of the dump pouches is way better than tosing them down your shirt when moving and especially diving to prone.

As I remeber, the 550 cord was for pulling the mags from the LC1 type mag pouches.

In my expeariance Dump pouches are great in you are doing mag changes on the fly. as in if you are pushing forwards or pulling out of places you don't want to be and will not/do not want to go back to collect them. I where an issue one on my belt next to my pistol mags. I tried it on my vest but I found it sat to high and was slower then if I dropped it a few inchs.