• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is average time to mil a target and shoot it

Re: What is average time to mil a target and shoot it

1 target, 90 seconds, to 2 minutes, depends on how you handle prep time, if you really want to push them, 45 seconds to 1 minute.

I would add that it depends on the target size and distance as well. If it's a small target and out there a ways then more time would be needed for a more detailed mil. So maybe 2 minutes for the tough ones, 90 seconds for easier ones. Time flies when you're on the clock.

Tagged for reference.... See you in the Spring Miker....
wink.gif

Sniper match at Ft. Meade, UKD Run to the house about 75 yards, up the stairs to the tower, lie down. Mil and shoot 10 larues from 100 to 950. Total time 7 minutes. You and a partner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 target, 90 seconds, to 2 minutes, depends on how you handle prep time, if you really want to push them, 45 seconds to 1 minute. </div></div>

Is that to get the round off or just to mil?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Usually about 10 seconds longer than the stage time!</div></div>
+1!

Also, consider whether or not they know exactly where the target is or if they have to hunt for it.

Two minutes to find it and range it. Then a separate thirty seconds to get down behind the rifle and shoot it with a maximum of two rounds.

But as a match director I would want to try it myself first, then add a percentage of time in order not to make the stage unreasonably difficult or unfair to the newer competitors.

I think on a match like this, more time ,not less would be better, Am thinking team match for spring, with UKD steel for a couple of stages.

With two sets of eyes and only one shooting, Two to two and a half minutes should be enough time.

Thank you, miker

I think a team match at Reade would be bad ass.

Are your dates out yet Miker? If so, please PM them to me so I can work some stuff around to make sure I can attend.

--Fargo007