• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What is best Supressor for 338???

shoot1760

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2010
wa
Im looking at buying a supressor for my 338 Edge. What are your opinions on the best product? I shoot the 338 alot to 1 mile, so accuracy (and repeatability) is important.

Also, AAC has a Quick Detach and ThunderBeast has a thread on Break attach, does anyone know which is more accurate???

thanks!!

Re: What is best Supressor for 338???

My AWC Thundertrap has been amazing and I have one ordered in Ti also now. I have used it on my .338-.408 with no problem so I am am certain it would handle the Edge. They are built like a tank and its ear safe no question. Good luck PG

Best??? everyone has their own opinion, and not many have multiple .338 cans to compare to each other giving you accurate feedback... if you want precision, go with a thread on, as many have said before me... if you want looks, or got a itch to drink the kool-aid... then you know what to buy... personally I run the O2 338 Ti from SRT arms, very efficient can IMHO... and precision is very well done, as I have seen a fellow hide member shoot a 5" group @ 1100yds with mine!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My AWC Thundertrap has been amazing and I have one ordered in Ti also now. I have used it on my .338-.408 with no problem so I am am certain it would handle the Edge. They are built like a tank and its ear safe no question. Good luck PG </div></div>

You put your AWC T-Trap on a 408CT?! How did it sound when it exploded?

Love to see that on video

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tbac 338ba is the way to go </div></div>
This, have 4 TBAC's and they all work as advertised

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My AWC Thundertrap has been amazing and I have one ordered in Ti also now. I have used it on my .338-.408 with no problem so I am am certain it would handle the Edge. They are built like a tank and its ear safe no question. Good luck PG </div></div>

You put your AWC T-Trap on a 408CT?! How did it sound when it exploded? </div></div>

He said 338-408....meaning a 408CT necked down to 338....

Oh, I was going to say.... have fun with that one!

Thanks guys,,,Based on your feedback, I think I'm going with Thunder Beast. It sounds like the thread-on is the way to go. I will post the results later this summer after I shoot some groups.

I have an EDM 408 and I'm gonna order a suppressor from Elite Iron. Bill Richie the owner of EDM suggested them. They will time the suppressor to your gun to make sure you have no side to side drift. They make all thier cans out of stainless so rust is not an issue. They get very good reviews. When I actually get my hand on it I'll report back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yellow Jacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an EDM 408 and I'm gonna order a suppressor from Elite Iron. Bill Richie the owner of EDM suggested them. They will time the suppressor to your gun to make sure you have no side to side drift. They make all thier cans out of stainless so rust is not an issue. They get very good reviews. When I actually get my hand on it I'll report back. </div></div>

I have a Elite Iron 30 Bravo can in the shop. It's a real nice looking suppressor with a pretty Moly coated finish. It must have been test fired as it is slightly fouled. The customer never came in to transfer it (2 years) and at one point I noticed there was a little rust in the front end cap aperture. I know some grades of stainless, and after welding and machining there are ways stainless can rust, but it looked more like something you might see on carbon steel IMO (small patch of thick rust- no damage after it was wiped off). 4130 Carbon steel is pretty rust resistant itself, and much stronger than stainless steel, so it can be good to have other grades, especially in .338LM where pressures are very high.

.338LM is the place for titanium or carbon steel IMO. They are stronger materials.

I have been using Quicksilver's Titan-338 Titanium alloy can on a .338 LM, it is a threaded mount, very accurate and easy on your ears. The only downside it is large, 12" x 1.9", someone on this site gave me a chuckle a while back with his comment on this can..."hell it ought to be quiet, it is as big as the muffler on my Jeep". I don't think it is that big, unless he had an after-market small muffler. Great construction and different cerakote finishes available.

http://www.qsmsilencers.com/338%20Lapua%20suppressor%20stats.html

I have a sierra sd on order from elite iron great customer service will time ur can to your rifle. Worth looking into give them a shout they will be more than happy to speak with u

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My AWC Thundertrap has been amazing and I have one ordered in Ti also now. I have used it on my .338-.408 with no problem so I am am certain it would handle the Edge. They are built like a tank and its ear safe no question. Good luck PG </div></div>

You put your AWC T-Trap on a 408CT?! How did it sound when it exploded? </div></div>

He said 338-408....meaning a 408CT necked down to 338.... </div></div>

Yes thanks 762frmafr for clearing up that I am not that stupid! The point is it is built to take way more then just a .338LM the powder in the .338-.408 is significantly more. I of course asked AWC if it was ok before I shot it too. We shot the .338 Thundertrap today on a 300 blackout and boy was it impressive very very quite. I know the poster has said he is going with TBA and I am sure he will be happy with their fine product too. PG

I'm getting ready to order a TBAC 338 BA. After hearing and shooting several I couldn't resist any longer!

The Jaws from shark suppressors is great. I take it off and put it on, take it off and put it on. I can get to the range put it on dial dope to 500 and hit center plate every time. I was worried at first on the issue of "will it be the same every time I put it on". Not any more. 2 blast chambers and 2 blast baf. 21.oz and and still so quite you can shoot all day with no ear ringing. can anyone say air hose. I will be starting a thread after one more suppressors come in to get people in my area to come out and test some different suppressors side by side.