• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is happening at McGowan

I picked up a howage during the Black Friday sale for pretty much nothing, and knowing the reputation had pretty much no expectations. And like everyone else, threading job was an abomination. Like it was cut with a file. Chamber is decent, but I’m a little concerned with how the barrel was indicated as the start of the lands are not exactly even. Actually not even close. have yet to shoot it but even though it cost me less than 400 for a full prefit this will be the last one. I mean if you are going to single point cut threads, why not just do it correctly. To turn out a consistently terrible threading job is actually impressive. How do you screw up threading the same way, every time. Fairwell McGowan.

Wish I saw this thread before just now…
Time will tell.

1681838049444.gif

My experience was total shit with them. Between being told in writing the price breakdown to the final product being 3x as expensive. I will never recommend them.

I had a terrible experience. Will never go with them ever again.

They’ve got my nucleus action there for reference so hopefully they can figure out how to produce something that will thread on it. I should have everything back by the end of June going by their 10 week +\- lead time and will report back. I’ve had great barrels from them in the past but sounds like that’s changed. No problems on the phone with Dan either but that was before they had my $.