• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What is the Best can for Barrett MRAD chambered in 6.5 creed and .308

thefightingchicken

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2023
Arizona
I have the MRAD chambered in 6.5 creed currently, but would like to get a 308 barrel as well. What is the best can as i have been told Dead Air's Sandman, silencerco's modular model, a few others, and I have been told that the MRAD may require Barrett's can.

What would the best multi-caliber can for my setup?

Barrett makes a suppressor for that rifle. Just saying... The Mk22 MRAD has an entirely different suppressor. If you are looking for something other than Barrett, hands down, the CGS Hekate is my favorite for .338 / 8.6 BLK, followed by the TBAC line. For Hekate, the normal thread pattern is 3/4", but you can request other thread patterns.

Reactions: Maurygold
Well the Magnus is the quietest .30 cal can on the market. If you want quieter, the 338 Ultra Gen2 is a little bit quieter.

So, the 338 ultra is effective with the 6.5? Isn't it a little bigger than the 6.5? I'm only asking because the site says it works with the 338 rounds, not referring to any other size.

I have a gen1 338 ultra on my 338lm mrad. It is unbelievably quiet, I can't imagine the gen2's performance. On a 6.5 or 308 the dominus would be my choice followed by the magnus. I use a g1 ultra7 on most my 308 and less calibers and have never noticed any need for better performance. I love the SR feature on the new cans though.

I run SR brakes on my AXMC barrels, and can run a Dominus-K, Dominus, or Ultra 338 depending upon which caliber I'm shooting and the intended purpose.

I’m going to surmise from your post this may be your first suppressor or at least your first precision rifle one? Different suppressors do different things well, they are not all equal, like anything else there is trade offs.

TBAC is pretty much considered top of the heap. Simply have a strangle hold on the precision rifle market, for good reason. Are there others that work well? yes of course, even they will state other company’s make good cans.

Smaller shoot and move type cans that offer good suppression for their size
- Dominus
- Ultra 7

Larger better suppression but maybe more of a static position suppressor.
- Ultra 9
- Magnus
- 338 Ultra

Well the Magnus is the quietest .30 cal can on the market. If you want quieter, the 338 Ultra Gen2 is a little bit quieter.

From https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/338-ultra

"The new 338 ULTRA is the quietest .338 caliber suppressor on the market today for everything up to .338 Lapua Magnum, including your 6's, 6.5's, 7's, and .30's. It offers class leading suppression levels with extreme light weight."

Metering on 6.5CM

Thank you.

@Zak Smith

do you have a link to a chart comparing the cans in the video to the db by caliber?

I don't have it compiled into a chart. Here are some of the videos that compare most of those cans head to head on various guns from 556 up to 300 Norma

dB details in video comments in all

No longer available but I have a Harvester Big Bore and it’s very nice. I was shocked by how quiet it is.

Attachments

• 8FE3407E-4BE8-434E-B509-207932A63C6D.jpeg
    8FE3407E-4BE8-434E-B509-207932A63C6D.jpeg
    861.7 KB · Views: 34