• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the best long range sniper rifle?

Shooter21

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I have seen many things debated on this forum and never really got an answer. I also searched and that yielded no information.
The information I have suggested maybe a Howa? I can get one at Bass Pro if that's the case. Please help. Thank you

Re: What is the best long range sniper rifle?

Tacticooled to fuck 10/22 broham! Better get a hendsolt so you can hit your mil dotties just tits though! Or better yet get a bitchin camaro ar sumpin or nother and whak em good! Douche on wigger!!!

Mostly joking but not much

The Whitworth rifle with a William Malcolm telescopic sight. Dont get any better than that.

What about those cool rifles on Call of Duty? Like the intervention or Barrett 50 cal? Thanks for the help. Where can I get Tacticool brand accessories?

really??? Hell I thought you already had it all figured out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wow, I can't believe you just described my weapon!!!!!! just a different caliber... I run a homemade AR style gasser chambered in 375 CheyTac with a 18" tube for versatility. it is covered in tactical rail, with a tactical flashlight, a grip, a monopod, an Atlas V8, topped with a CounterSniper scope, with the folding buttstock from Choate custom built for theis rifle, two CQB lasers, and a red dot on top of the Counter Sniper in case I want to aim. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I rock the 208 AMAX over 51.2 gr of Reloder 17 in Win brass and a Wolf primer at a lovely 3.060" COAL... its a very solid .4MOA load. Kicks ass and takes names way down range too. saleen308, you aren't that far from Baileys in S Houston. or from me in all reality. </div></div>

then again maybe you should get back to your call of duty game

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dksd39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">really??? Hell I thought you already had it all figured out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wow, I can't believe you just described my weapon!!!!!! just a different caliber... I run a homemade AR style gasser chambered in 375 CheyTac with a 18" tube for versatility. it is covered in tactical rail, with a tactical flashlight, a grip, a monopod, an Atlas V8, topped with a CounterSniper scope, with the folding buttstock from Choate custom built for theis rifle, two CQB lasers, and a red dot on top of the Counter Sniper in case I want to aim. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I rock the 208 AMAX over 51.2 gr of Reloder 17 in Win brass and a Wolf primer at a lovely 3.060" COAL... its a very solid .4MOA load. Kicks ass and takes names way down range too. saleen308, you aren't that far from Baileys in S Houston. or from me in all reality. </div></div>

then again maybe you should get back to your call of duty game

</div></div>

Damnit, I was hoping this would go further before someone did their homework... Well back to my original name and not the troll name. It was fun while it lasted

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k9222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this a late April Fools gag....</div></div>
No, this is for real world operation.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends, do you need it to have zombie/shtf capabilities?</div></div>
Yes, and vampire deturrent would be nice as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Where can I get Tacticool brand accessories?</div></div>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA this literally made me bust out laughing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes, and vampire deturrent would be nice as well. </div></div>

Hope you are financially prepared for this build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes, and vampire deturrent would be nice as well. </div></div>

Hope you are financially prepared for this build.</div></div>
Yes I am in fact! I have $843.21 to spend on the rifle and optics!!!

Cheytac .408. It will explode a can of Dinty Moore beef stew at 2k yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cheytac .408. It will explode a can of Dinty Moore beef stew at 2k yards. </div></div>

No, it will not, only at 1760 yards does that work!

The serious anwer to this question is: Whatever rifle a real sniper has zero'd.

Most of the rest is all personal choice and hype.

How about a group built......and well cap it at $850.00 including optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen many things debated on this forum and never really got an answer. I also searched and that yielded no information.
The information I have suggested maybe a Howa? I can get one at Bass Pro if that's the case. Please help. Thank you </div></div>

Best one? ICBM. one shot, lotsa kills.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Cheytac .408. It will explode a can of Dinty Moore beef stew at 2k yards. </div></div>

Shazaaaaam

gomer-pyle.jpg

The one that the sniper can hit the target with is the best in my opinion.

I don't see how there can be a clear single answer to that query as it depends what the criteria is for "best" and what you mean by "long range". The best rifle may be one that is the most consistent at delivering accurate shot placement, but other aspects and characteristics may be in play (weight, need for it to be carried all day, compactness for mobility, durability in field conditions, etc.). If long range is 1000 yards or less that's one thing, but if it's 1500 meters, one mile, etc. that's a whole different situation.

It needs to be accurate from 0-1800 meters, meaning able to hold 1/2MOA at distance, and able to be carried from my basement bedroom to my rooftop in a shtf situation. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It needs to be accurate from 0-1800 meters, meaning able to hold 1/2MOA at distance, and able to be carried from my basement bedroom to my rooftop in a shtf situation. Thanks </div></div>
In that case then, you probably want a big .50 cal. shooting Raufas incendiary ammunition. I seriously doubt you can hold to 1/2 MOA but if you can, I think Windrunner claims they have just the gun for you.
crazy.gif

I'd say go with a Mossberg 100 atr in .270, its one hundredth better than a .260, so why not? Get one of the tactical bipods that clamps to the barrel, you'll need at least 2 different lights, 2 lasers, 1 red, one green, and the scope rings will need to have rails on them as well, so you can put a red dot, another laser, and another light on them... Oh! and you'll need to krylon the rifle to make it extra snipery... And you'll need to get a sniper ghillie off of ebay... those ones used by Elite Operators...

That is all I have to say about that...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd say go with a Mossberg 100 atr in .270, its one hundredth better than a .260, so why not? Get one of the tactical bipods that clamps to the barrel, you'll need at least 2 different lights, 2 lasers, 1 red, one green, and the scope rings will need to have rails on them as well, so you can put a red dot, another laser, and another light on them... Oh! and you'll need to krylon the rifle to make it extra snipery... And you'll need to get a sniper ghillie off of ebay... those ones used by Elite Operators...

That is all I have to say about that... </div></div>
I did everything you told me to, right down to the tee, now I need some badass new glass!!! I saw some awesome Centerpoint scopes at walmart with a mildot reticle!!!! I also looked at BSA, and Tasco... What other scopes are there? Which one should I get? I also heard CounterSniper is awesome too! Decisions decisions. Oh I will need some good sniper ammo to make it shoot good too! Where can I find that? I searched for .270 win sniper ammo, but got nothing good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LUNCHBOX0621</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Whitworth rifle with a William Malcolm telescopic sight. Dont get any better than that. </div></div>

This would be the most awesome gun on the entire site.

Winchester Model 70, 30-06, 8x Unertl scope.

Its' what Carlos Hathcock used to shoot another sniper right through the other sniper's scope.

Can't be anything better than that.

BMT

After the first 3 posts I saw where this was going. I cant believe I wasted minutes of my life reading all of it. Its like a fatal car crash. Too horrific to see, yet I just couldnt look away.

Better get some tasco rings so you can also use your iron sights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2z3pe88.jpg
</div></div>
I didn't know LaRue built a mount for a Red Ryder. Thats awesome, now I can put some badass new glass on mine!!!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better get some tasco rings so you can also use your iron sights.</div></div>
I did get tasco rings for my Mossber 100 ATR bitchen Sniper Rifle!!