• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the best range bag

alegrianyc

Private
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Got the TAC Force Stryker Mat for my rifle, but looking to what you all like as range bags. Basically durable beat around bag to store all other gear and ammo that will last a lifetime.

Re: What is the best range bag

I love bot Tac Force and American Eagle.

Tac Force is a good bag for the money.

I currently use a Kifaru E&E Gen1 for my rifle bags, PRS tripod, Sordin muffs, ammo, and set of bits and allen wrenches for my rifle and rings.
Other items I carry in a plastic tote with interlocking lid, mainly because I found them at the plant i worked at and managed to get a couple of them out before they were recycled.
This works for me and my normal range trips.

Midway range bag. For the price it's an excellent bag.

just get the matching tac force drag bag to me for $150 they can't be beat. unless you have to actually use your bag as a drag bag.

I like to have all my stuff together so you can't forget anything. just keep bipod on rifle and a rear bag in your drag bag, add ammo and you are ready to rock. maybe throw in a cleaning rod, multi tool, few allen wrenches, dope card, kestrel.

unless you are a benchrest shooter you should be able to get all your gear into your drag bag and be totally self contained.

I have a Tac Force and I liked it fine until I picked it up one day fully loaded, popped it up and the strap onto my shoulder, and one of the hook attachments let go.

I started looking around and bought an Eagle "Pro Shooter's Bag" and it is a fantastic range bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango2249</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway range bag. For the price it's an excellent bag. </div></div>

The zipper on mine broke after about 5 months of pretty easy use. I'm going to send MidwayUSA an email and see if they'll replace it. If they do I'll continue to say the same as you but if not, I'm gonna be pissed!

UPDATE: I sent MidwayUSA an email and they said they would replace my bag but unfortunately it is out of stock. I think I'll wait until it shows back up and send them another email.

+1 for MidwayUSA!

I say why get a range bag, it it only practical for the range. Why not think out of the box, and get a Eberlestock tactical pack?

http://www.eberlestock.com/Tactical%20Master.htm

I have the dragonfly, which is the most versatile in expanding to different sizes. I use it for the range, hunting, camping, hiking, travel, and for hydration.

If you want more Molle straps, go with gunslinger for day pack, or G4 operator for more room. There are other models without scabbards that can be added separately or removed, as well.

Got a lot of votes for TAC Force, sounds good. @Diggler, I think I messed up with buying the STRYKER mat, should've bought the drag bag right? I get what you're saying, all in one...

@ Billf & @ Tango I like the price of those bags, in my range.

@vkc Saw the site, trip how the rifle came out of that bag! I like the G4, and you're right about using the bag more than just for the range...I camp a lot, that would double up. $399 is steep though, I'd need to sell my Gregory pack for that.

I like my Midway bag. I got it on sale, and thought I'd try it out.

And I carry a lot of weight in it. I'm probably harder on it than I should be because it was cheap and I don't care it if gets destroyed. A couple hundred rounds of the big magnums, couple of sandbags, a few 338LM mags, all the tools one would ever need at the range for a 700. You get the point. Its heavy.

On the flip side, I hope dvdt gets his replaced. Sorry to hear it broke. Knowing Midway, I'm sure he will get another.

My .2. I've had mine 15yrs. Called recently about stiching, they told me no problem send it in they'd fix it.
GreenMountain

The Midway USA bag is a direct rip off of an American made bag by Shooters Connection. The Midway bag is cheap, the stitching and zippers don't even come close and isn't made in this country. The Shooters' Connection bag is covered forever, 10x stronger and made by a (relatively) small company in Kentucky. So while saving a couple of bucks is great, Midway giving it up the rear to a small American company is not.

They've been informed it's a cheap copy and don't care. That's wrong on many levels and I will not (nor expect others that care about the little guy) support ANY organization that does that to a small business and especially one like Shooters Connection that has been there for the shooting sports when Midway USA and the like wouldn't touch them with a 100' pole. They "support" a little here and there now, only 'cause it suits them. The small companies like Shooters Connection that were there during the growing and lean years are the ones we need to spend our dollars with.

Rich

I'm using 5.11 tactical's 72 hr bag. You can fit everything from earmuffs, to ammo, to cleaning stuff in there. Just grab that one bag, your rifle, and out the door

On the cheap the Midway range bag is awesome for the money. If you are looking for a pack to double as a range bag I like the Eberlestock Gunslinger 2.

Any suggestion for a range bag, purely for just the range, and with the intention of being a rifle shooter only... so, no handgun magazine compartment, but more rifle orientated stuff.

Would like an eberlestock, but purely for field use... Far too much going on for a range imo, and would hate to have corrosive solvents spill inside such a nice bit of equipment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango2249</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Midway range bag. For the price it's an excellent bag. </div></div>
I use the same bag. Good for the $$$ you spend.