• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft What is the difference?

Re: What is the difference?

Coyote tan seems to be the lightest color
Followed by khaki
and coyote brown is the darker tan.

Thats just to my eyes and what I've seen in person. But the problem is, everyones tans are different colors so its all FUBAR.

IT just seems though, Rocky Woods is the ONLY place that sells that tan cordura... I really wish I could find it for less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tan - issue (Altama) desert boot uppers.

Khaki - "Matt Johnson Khaki" used by Eagle Industries (has a slight green tint).

Coyote Brown - Recent Marine Corps nylon gear. It's brown.

Here are a couple sample gear color guides:

http://www.emdomusa.com/whybetter-CM.html
http://milspecmonkey.com/customize/materials </div></div>

Shay depending on what your doing with it the Khaki is an awsome color,the CB is the darker of the 3...

Looks like I'll be using khaki, and now I need to find some nylon webbing to match it.

what i've done lately, is gather up 3-4 different places that i consider using for my bulk supplies and order sample packs of there color patterns...decide what i like...and stick with it.

For the codura stuff, i cant say much because to date, i've only used OD and 3 Color Desert...but I use wwww.geraldschwartzinc.com for my webbing now. He hooked me up with sample colors and a few different weights of webbing so i knew what i was getting.

Now, knowing what i've got to work with, I'll be using him exclusively for my webbing needs at the very least, and to save on shipping, I will probably get other misc plastic and metal parts there too.

Coyote Tan usually has a slight green tint
Coyote Brown is more of a Brown.
And Tan/Khaki is "generally" more of a sandy light brown

I'm going to go with khaki it seems, I had some coyote brown, and it is just too dark for my tastes.