• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report What is the furthest you have shot your whisper?

eddybo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2008
MS
I never had enough elevation in my scope to get very far until recently. I have made some hits on a 6MOA 800 yard target but never had a decent aiming point. I walked it into the target one time when it was very dusty. I am thinking about doing some plinking on my 600 yard target and just wondered what kind of accuracy to expect in very low wind.

Re: What is the furthest you have shot your whisper?

i dont have anything to add , but have always wanted to try . bump for a good question

Re: What is the furthest you have shot your whisper?

with my gaprecision whisper i was hittig out to 500 yds around 2 moa using 175smk. i sold it and got aka-spook to build me one on a rem700 and with a 25moa mount and a ss10x scope i was doing 1.5 moa with 175smk's and 4 moa with 220 gr subsonics at 350yds at my backyard range with no wind. I have found with 175smk's and a 1-8 twist is optimal for supersonic, once i went belw 175 gr the group opened up to around 8 moa. i imaging it was to do with the twist as the grain charge was the same. Oh at 150 yds using h110 and a 220 i am getting around 3/4 moa with subsonics
laugh.gif