• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the most accurate ruger 10/22 barrel?

M4sniperz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2014
What do you guys think is the most accurate ruger 10/22 bull barrel?

Another Kidd vote. I have one on my current build, and with bulk ammo the gun is consistently shooting 1/2" 10 shot groups at 75 yds. With quality match ammo I consistently get 3/8" 10 shot groups at 100yds. Kidd products are great, and I've been very impressed with everything I have bought from them.

Reactions: Snaz
I have never seen a .22 lr that would hold that kind of grouping. 3/8ths 10 shot grouping is impressive!

Another Kidd vote. I have one on my current build, and with bulk ammo the gun is consistently shooting 1/2" 10 shot groups at 75 yds. With quality match ammo I consistently get 3/8" 10 shot groups at 100yds. Kidd products are great, and I've been very impressed with everything I have bought from them.

I have to say KIDD as well because everytime 10/22 accuracy comes up in my friends and I's convos about rimfire shooting, that's the barrel that's always talked about. I know their triggers are good so it don't surprise me in the least that their barrels are too.

I have never seen a .22 lr that would hold that kind of grouping. 3/8ths 10 shot grouping is impressive!

I have seen some good shooting 10/22, (a lot of them)
but i have to agree with Tansinator, never seen one that would shoot that good, no matter
which grade of ammo,
rico your thought!

With that type of accuracy, you really should give the 30 round challenge a try http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...re-6-groups-5-30-rounds-challenge-thread.html If you're getting .375" 10 shot groups consistently at 100yds, imagine what it will do for just 5 shots.

Some of these accuracy claims at 100 yds are in the 40XB, Anchutz, etc bolt gun territory. I am still assembling 10/22's to get one that will equal a good bolt .22 at 100. Recently a group that I met in a prominent gun shop was talking about stellar accuracy with their .22's----7 of the dozen plus shooters had re-worked 10/22's, thus I had to get myself invited so that I could witness and see what my 10/22 needed to shoot these claimed groupings. Too make a long story short, their 100yd "range" was 63yds measured with my laser rangefinder!

Reactions: HammerForged
Carbon Fiber magnum research
Volquartsen
Green mountain

Anyone know if whistlepig barrels are also pretty accurate?

I have one in 17 HM2 that they stopped making. A bad day with it off a benchrest was only 9 out of 10 pennies at 100 yards.
Shot just as well as my very heavy Volquartsen, and it was a lot lighter and prettier too.

I have seen some good shooting 10/22, (a lot of them)
but i have to agree with Tansinator, never seen one that would shoot that good, no matter
which grade of ammo,
rico your thought!
My thoughts are that if you have a rifle that shoots 1/2" groups at 75 and they shrink to 3/8" groups at 100 - then you have a rare animal. Like Unicorn rare. Like World Class winner rare. Like I call bullshit rare.

Last edited:
Reactions: latisimusd
My thoughts are that if you have a rifle that shoots 1/2" groups at 75 and they shrink to 3/8" groups at 100 - then you have a rare animal. Like Unicorn rare. Like World Class winner rare. Like I call bullshit rare.

theres the BS dawg
rico I know you have messed around with the 10/22 more than I
just asking you if I missed something, I guess not. BS<BS<BS
thanks YO

Problem is they brag about a 3/8" group but don't tell you about the ten 1 1/2" groups they shot before and after the money group. Anyone can shoot a small group if they shoot at the target enough times. Accidents happen. GH

Some of these accuracy claims at 100 yds are in the 40XB, Anchutz, etc bolt gun territory. I am still assembling 10/22's to get one that will equal a good bolt .22 at 100. Recently a group that I met in a prominent gun shop was talking about stellar accuracy with their .22's----7 of the dozen plus shooters had re-worked 10/22's, thus I had to get myself invited so that I could witness and see what my 10/22 needed to shoot these claimed groupings. Too make a long story short, their 100yd "range" was 63yds measured with my laser rangefinder!

I about spit out my food on this one! LOL!

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

My 10/22 would shoot with the good (NOT the GREAT) bolt rifles. Especially at 50... once I ran it out to 100 it would become a 1 1/2" rifle.

Just for YO - these were all shot in one day using rim-size sorted Eley Club. It liked a rim thickness at .036-.039. The top 2 groups were 10 rounds and the rest were 5 - shot off a bench with a bipod with no rear support.
10393669_765425456824391_3213723915493698254_n.jpg

Just installed a KIDD 18" Black Stainless Steel Fluted Bull Barrel and this barrel out of the box shoots amazing. Granted I was zeroing at 50yds and my stock Ruger Trigger must be like 8lbs and gritty. I was using Federal Champion Target 36gr HP, Aguila Match Pistol 40gr, and Winchester Super-X 40gr; they all shot well but the Aguila Match Pistol shot the best.

Next up is a KIDD Two-stage trigger.

KIDD barrels are Lothar-Walther blanks then KIDD chambers and hand laps them.

Last edited:

It appears I have slept too long. Why was the Bat signal not deployed? Rico? Yoteman?

Adams and Bennett...hands down the most accurate barrels out there for the 10-22. I had one honest to God that would shoot ragged bugholes all day long, at 100yds with Blazer bulk ammo...consistently, every time I shot it, even shooting it from my shoulder with a mirror.

And another thing...3/8'' at 100 CONSISTENTLY ain't even in Anschutz, 40X, Win 52, hell name any you want...Where's JBell at....will your Sauer even consistently shoot that good at 100yds Bell? I think everyone can agree here that Bell has the best rifle on the board...consistently, and I am pretty dang sure he knows what 100yds is too.

Last edited:
I have a TacSol fluted bull on a 10/22 that I'm happy with. The barrel is crazy lightweight, which obviously is not ideal for punching one holers in paper. But it'll hang under an inch @ 50yds easily, with decent ammo, and makes for a sweet walkaround plinkin' rig. Which is exactly what the 10/22 is best at being, IMHO...

sorry rico, work has been plenty damm good last couple of weeks,(busting my fat ass off)
an did not read your post all the way through.
but as the pimp said when he walked into KFC buffet.
DAMM!!!!
that is great shooting my friend.
hope you can make it out to carolina sometime, but watch out for that mad chikn he is on a tear this year at TSC
as for me well all 4 wheels fell off,(getting to old in th eye department) still having a fun time at it thought

Thanks to you all for the Kidd suggestion. Looked at some others . . . their 1/2 inch accuracy guarantee at 50 yds was at best hopeful for me . . . as I was a bit skeptical.

Bought the 20 inch bull with the suppressor threads . . . tapped the receiver onto it with my leather working mallet (I make holsters, belts, etc) . . . and today I got to take it out for a run.

Yep . . . very happy . . . and again . . . many thanks for all your expertise and help. I'm a happy 10-22 camper.

May God bless,
Dwight

Reactions: CaRbZ13
My experience is using CCI SV or Eley Club, Target type ammo not Ten-X.

I am active with Project Appleseed and the CAP marksmanship program, so I see a lot of 10/22s.

I don't see any singular stand out, but several are consistently tack drivers. Volquartsen, Kidd, Fedderson, Green Mountain and Clark Custom do not disappoint. I don't think I have run across a Leija yet.

I own Volquartsen, Kidd, Green Mountain and Tac-Sol barrels and with the ammo I use I don't see a difference. I didn't include Tac-Sol above, because I have run across a few that did not impress me, although mine are good.

If you are seeking benchrest level precision and will go to the effort to determine the perfect ammo for your rifle, maybe things change.

Every one of my rifles can perfect score a 50ft small bore or 25 meter Appleseed target. My favorite has a Green Mountain 22" running boar profile barrel. Something about the longer barrel with weighted front stabilizes better for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwight55