• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes what is the most popular NF scope?

Re: what is the most popular NF scope?

Id say the NF F1 3.5-15x50 Mil/Mil MLR reticle w/ zero stops or what Jason said. The difference in the two is the 5.5-22 is SFP and the F1 is FFP and of course magnification

Hard to say. My guess it would be a close call between the 3.5-15s and the 5.5-22s. My guess on reticles would be R1 and MLR.

I'd say Jason hit it. The F1 has an advantage, but I don't see many of them.

I'd get the 56mm with the higher power.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd get the 56mm with the higher power. </div></div>

+1, dont be scared of the bigger bell. I sport a 58mm USO for god sake.

I didn't like the 22x on the SFP, I traded it for a 15x and am much happier...

Mine is a 3-15x NXS with MLR ret, mil turrets.

I'd say that the F1 is definitely a hit, but I don't think that NF sells more of them than the regular SFP NXS. As for reticles, I'd have to say that is a toss up between the NP-R1 and the MLR?

As for what they sell the most of, it has to be the 5-22 in 50 or 56. probably pretty split between MLR ret with mil knobs or the NPR1 reticle with the moa knobs.

First focal plane NXS's are in development, but word is that they are going to cost more, prolly in the 2500 range or something.

CJG

Rotor, FFP NXS are out and have been for about a year and a half. The 3.5-15x50 F1 and the higher power version is in the works and should be out next year hopefully. I plan on getting one to go with my 2 F1s.

Being somewhat of a magnification whore, I wanted the most magnification I can have with at least 80-100 MOA adjustmnt - that leaves the 5-22 (I got the 56mm obj.) right in my zone. I went NPR1/MOA turrets, and I shoot it at max power 99% of the time on my .50, which is where it subtends correctly-but yes would prefer FFP.
I like the 5-22 even if it was on my "daily shooter", and I like the bigger objective's light-gathering advantage - even if it is only slight.
However, if you don't "need" that much magnification, specifically want a NF and can afford it, I'd go with the F1 mlr/mil or NPR1/moa setup.
To me, NF's are well-proven and I don't think you can go wrong with any of their products

We sale more 3.5-15x50mm and then the 5.5-22x50mm. I personally prefer the the 3.5-15x50mm but I do run a 5.5-22x50mm on my 284 for longer ranges like 1600yds.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was wondering what was the most popular night force scope and reticle in the SH community?

</div></div>

What is the purpose of the scope? While it might be nice to know what everyone else is buying, you need to define the purpose. What rifle is it going on. What ranges are you shooting at? What size targets are you shooting at. How will the rifle be used: hunting, prone, bench, etc?

Not sure how anyone can provide a useful answer without this info.