• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors What is the process for selling suppressor

Re: What is the process for selling suppressor

pretty much the same as for when you bought it.

The prospective buyer would have to fill out the form 4 and do the ATF wait. Once the paperwork is back from ATF, then you can give the suppressor to the buyer.

If it is out of state you would have to transfer it to a dealer and they would then have to do the transfer to the buyer.

The market for used suppressors is not very big. Most people don't want to spend the tax money on a used item. Plus the cost involved if it is an out of state transfer makes it not worth it.

Out of state will require for you to pay a 200 tax to the dealer out of state. Notice why there aren't too many used suppressors or SBRs for sale?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WoofersInc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The market for used suppressors is not very big. Most people don't want to spend the tax money on a used item. Plus the cost involved if it is an out of state transfer makes it not worth it.</div></div>

A young shooter set precedent a few years ago by proving that ATF will approve transfers from an <span style="font-style: italic">individual</span> seller to a buyer who is under the age of 21 (but at least 18 years old); in other words, buyers aged between 18 and 21 cannot transfer NFA items from <span style="font-style: italic">dealers</span>, but they can buy (transfer) from <span style="font-style: italic">individuals</span>. Thus, for this reason, you may be able to find a market to sell your suppressor to an 'underage' (in terms of the NFA of 1934) buyer in your same state who may be motivated to purchase from an individual...

Not sure about selling an item currently on a form 4 to another individual without a class 3 dealer. The process generally requires a transfer to a class 3 dealer then a transfer to the buyer. Both transfers cost 200.00, which puts most silencers over buying direct. What are you trying to sell?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: feely1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure about selling an item currently on a form 4 to another individual without a class 3 dealer. The process generally requires a transfer to a class 3 dealer then a transfer to the buyer. Both transfers cost 200.00, which puts most silencers over buying direct. What are you trying to sell? </div></div>

ONLY if it goes out of state does it need to go to a dealer.

If transfering between two individuals only one transfer tax has to be paid .....

If you are transfering it out of state then you must first transfer it to a dealer for 200 dollars, then the dealer can transfer it to any other dealer on a form 3, then when its at the dealer of the person it is being transfered to they can then transfer it to the individual on a form 4.

BUT if both individuals live in the same state then there is only a tax paid by the buyer to transfer it on a form 4.

Thanks for the info. That is if the silencer is picked up in person.

What else are you hawking? I got the jackets and have been wearing them almost every day.

hell ya let us texas guys now what you got.......

thats the nice thing about living in texas. lots of us right wing wackos to sell shit to each other here on the hide. just wish the damn state wasn't so big so it would be easier to drive to do face to faces.

I have a Shark Ti .30 cal suppressor that I am thinking about getting rid of. I never use it, only about 40 rounds through it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Shark Ti .30 cal suppressor that I am thinking about getting rid of. I never use it, only about 40 rounds through it</div></div>

I bought the very first Shark can which David ever sold, and I think I have less rounds through mine than yours; I also just don't use it very often either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Shark Ti .30 cal suppressor that I am thinking about getting rid of. I never use it, only about 40 rounds through it</div></div>

I bought the very first Shark can which David ever sold, and I think I have less rounds through mine than yours; I also just don't use it very often either. </div></div>

You have too many other toys to keep you distracted.