• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is this called and used for on the Hornady Classic Reloader

Schwaaz

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2020
Does anyone know what this part attaches to?

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_190852.jpg
    IMG_20200715_190852.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 28
it slides inside the powder dispenser tube ridge side up. classic case of RTFM ☺

and welcome.

large.jpg
Thank so much for the help. I'm new to reloading and watching a ton of videos and never saw that.

you wont see it if the dispenser has powder in it. the hornady manual will tell you everything about the kit. a reloading manual will tell you how to reload. dont skip to the recipes at the back if you havent read from the beginning. as Adam from MHS said in the reloading podcast, we have a bomb going off 6 inches in front of our face.

you wont see it if the dispenser has powder in it. the hornady manual will tell you everything about the kit. a reloading manual will tell you how to reload. dont skip to the recipes at the back if you havent read from the beginning. as Adam from MHS said in the reloading podcast, we have a bomb going off 6 inches in front of our face.
My brother has been reloading for years and he has a different set up and he didn't know about that part. He is taking good care of me until I make him mad. LOL

That baffle is used so that the weight on the powder, falling into the measuring tube, remains consistent (regardless of how full the measure is, and therefore how much weight is pressing down). Just don't let the powder get lower than that baffle.