• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is this..?

Bumbellybeak

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
Illinois, USA
I used to see these here a while back. Were they a Hide build?
I seem to remember something about them; just don't remember what..
It is a .308, Armalite lower, Badger Ordnance rail and a 20" stainless barrel..
Anyone want to fill me in on who made it, what kind of bbl., etc?

Attachments

• P1010149.jpg
    P1010149.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 13
Are there any specific markings on it anywhere (specifically the bbl) aside from the typical Armalite/Eagle Arms roll marks on the lower, etc.? It could be one of the GAP AR-10 Sniper's Hide edition rifles with some "modifications" after the fact such as the stock, etc.

Absent that information which should be clearly visible on the barrel, it could be anything from a custom, precision AR-10 to a basement parts gun that someone just cobbled together! ;)

There are no visible marks on the barrel. If it's something that was just cobbled together, he had to be the world's best Cobbler - this will light a wooden stick match with mil surp Lithuanian ammunition at a hundred yards, and put one out at 200.
Whose barrels did GAP use?

There are no visible marks on the barrel. If it's something that was just cobbled together, he had to be the world's best Cobbler - this will light a wooden stick match with mil surp Lithuanian ammunition at a hundred yards, and put one out at 200.
Whose barrels did GAP use?

I think that the GAP SH AR-10s had either Schneider or Obermeyer barrels, but don't quote me on that. A quick google should bring it up for you. If the barrel isn't clearly marked with the old SH logo along with the SH-AR10 serial number, then it isn't a genuine (could be a "copy" somebody tried to build up).