• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is your choice of sling with arm cuff?

VKC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Battle Born, U.S.A.
What would be your choice of a sling with arm cuff or other similar stabilization device or loop? Any comments, preferences, or personal experience with the following?

1) Tactical Intervention Rifle Sling
http://www.tacticalintervention.com/products.html#slings

2) 5.11 VTAC long range sling
http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/Accessories/Slings/VTAC-2-Point-Sling/

3) Turner sling
http://www.turnersling.com/

4) Ching sling
http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?cPath=72_1_10&osCsid=9u4utdg127gp3gmk2dtlehdcc6

Any other suggestions?

Re: What is your choice of sling with arm cuff?

TIS has worked great for me for years. I think it is a perfect field sling: simple, durable, and it works.

Does anyone know if the TAB heavy duty swivels fit on a standard remington swivel stud??? Or which attachment option will?

I have not personally used the TAB slings, so I can't compare it or say anything positive OR negative about it. I do hear a ton of great things about them and from the sound of things...you won't go wrong with one.

I can say that I have used a couple different TIS slings over the years and continued to use them with great success on a variety of rifles from AR's to bolt actions. I recently picked up another with HK-type clips that I am using on a AICS 300WM build. They are excellent products that are very durable and I am able to lock into tightly! I highly recommend them.

Of the choices listed, the TIS gets my vote. Can't go wrong with the TIS or the TAB.

I have a TIS TAB and a Turner, TAB flat out kicks the others asses, it's simple comfortable and easiest to use.

I have the Tab also, fantastic sling! I have not used the others but I can't imagine it getting better. I got my Tab from Triad Tactical, and there was a shipping problem and the sling didnt make it before I had to leave on a hunting trip. Triad Next Day Aired it to the hotel I was staying at for no cost. Great customer service.

I have a TIS and a TAB that I ordered from Triad. Both are awesome, but I prefer the TIS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wegner426</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Tab also, fantastic sling! I have not used the others but I can't imagine it getting better. I got my Tab from Triad Tactical, and there was a shipping problem and the sling didnt make it before I had to leave on a hunting trip. Triad Next Day Aired it to the hotel I was staying at for no cost. Great customer service. </div></div>

Hey, I remember that one. I guess if I screw up, I should make it right. How did the hunt turn out??

Slightly off topic but I'm debating between the tab and the tis for an ar15 with PRS. Without moding the prs does anyone know of a QD system that will attach to the standard PRS anchor points. They look like they were intended to have the sling threaded through it only. Thanks

I used the TIS for with the fastex buckle cuff, I did not like how it made a pivot for the tension. The other TIS sling that has the regular slider works good.

I picked a TAB sling up from a prize table and big slider is fast to get locked into, and out of. I like the multiple disconnect points for getting the rifle off you in a hurry, if your packing it around, its a much needed update to an old design. I dont see myself as puchasing any other precision rilfe sling other than TAB.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NY700</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Without moding the prs does anyone know of a QD system that will attach to the standard PRS anchor points. </div></div>
I would just install a stud with a pic rail adapter to the rail and use standard swivels on the TAB sling.

i got a TAB but i'm not experienced enough with slings to tell you that one is better than another.
The TAB is built well i don't see the plastic buckles messing up. i've had similar buckles on stuff that gets beat more than my rifle sling and have never had problems.

I have a Tactical Intervention sling and can recommend it. I have no experance with the others.

I have a new AICS on my rifle... what attachment should I use?

Sorry for the "kinda" hi-jack.

~ Rico

Rico, you need the HK Hooks for your AICS system.

I have TIS slings on all mine. They have worked for me from competition to OEF VII. My Son has a TAB sling he won in the smack the smiley(littel shit beat me!) His resides on his M1 Garand and he likes it fine.
The 'Ching' is the original 'three point' style sling. If you want one of those there are several to choose from with many attachment styles and other things that make them better or worse...I have seen at least four as issue on M4's in different units

Back to the yard work
wink.gif

i use the TIS and it works great. It is solid and does not feel like it wears out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if the TAB heavy duty swivels fit on a standard remington swivel stud??? Or which attachment option will?</div></div>

Order it from Triad with the heavy duty Talon swivels. Excellent sling, though I don't use the cuff.

Don't overlook the fact that TAB is now doing the biathlon slings with the TAB sling built into it. So, you get the sling and carrying strap all in one
smile.gif
! There is an elite version as well as just the regular version.

i got the TAB and the Tis cuff........i prefer the TAB

but most times my gun bearer just trots along behind me and when i call for the smoke pole......it gets passed forward in time to make the shot.....

Folks, seems like best place to post this. Had some complaints about TIS Quick Cuffs being unavailable in Tan. Sorry for that but US Army, Navy and USMC have kept us backed up for last few months ( Contract says they come first) and at current rate it will probably be June before we get caught up on Tan.

This is a very nice discussion. There are certainly many good options these days. Just sorry we just cant make Tan Quick Cuffs faster.

Hi i have a TIS and love it but am getting a TAB Biathalong sling made they have all the features of the TIS and i can use it to sling my 338 flat onto my back in a TAB rifle cover and then use it as a shooting position sling.

Great products and a TAB purchase go's towards Rifles Only and they support the Hide.

As for the heavy duty swivels they fit any QD stud including the factory remington ones. i have Flush caps on my rifles and they will make them for you and others have a HK style hook they will also make them up for you if usinf an AICS.

VKC,
No reason other than the cobra buckles are "bling". The is no need to have a buckle that strong for a sling but it looks great. Both the Elite and the regular sling do the same thing. The only difference is the buckle.

Beamer girl,
Thanks for response. Good to know. Always worried about plastic buckles because of durability. But makes more sense if sturdy, because of weight reduction. I suspect that if well built the weak point may not be the sling but rather the sling mounts.

vkc, we have thousands of slings around the world now with plastic buckles and we haven't heard of any problems with any of them.

We offer the Cobra buckles because initially there was some concern that the plastic Fastex buckles would not be able to withstand the rigors of the battlefield. The Fastex buckles have proven to be plenty strong for anywhere so far.

On my postal scale two 1 1/2" Fastex buckles weigh about 1.75 ounces, two Cobra buckles weigh about 4.75 ounces.

I would estimate that we sell about 60% Fastex and 40% Cobra buckles on our slings, both regular rifle slings and biathlon slings.

Like Lisa said, the Cobra's look great and work great, but you don't need them to have a great sling.

Either I'm brain dead or missing something but I can't find any reference to a "TAB Biathlon sling" in the Rifles Only store. Any help?

Your brain is fine, I've got to proof the information one the biathlon sling information before it's put on the web site. That'll take place today and shortly all the info will be on the site, hopefully early next week.

If you have any questions about the biathlon sling I'll be happy to answer any questions, but let's start a different thread, or pm to keep from changing the direction of this thread.