• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is your Fav QD bipod mount

Silverbullet2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2009
Near Seattle, Wa.
Guys,

I have been looking into a mount for my Harris bipod to attach to the Rail on my AR as well as my Bolt gun. I have looked at KAC, Larue, YHM, ARMS and GG&G. All will work, but I like some of the features of each. Chime in if you have had good experience with one listed above, or bring up one that I don't know about. Thanks, Jason

I like the factory Harris. The higher the bore above the pivot point the less stable the system is. One of the best bipods ever is the SAKO bipod where the rifle is practically slung and self centers.

The LaRue LT706 is the best (by far), but they only offer it as a combination package with a Harris bipod. If you need both the bipod and the mount, this is the way to go. If you already have a Harris bipod, it is a pretty expensive way to get the best picatinny mount. Rather than adapting the Harris to a Picatinny rail, the Larue LT706 mount replaces the mounting components of the Harris bipod. The result is lighter and lower profile. It works great on the 6-9" and 9-13" bipods, but it interferes with the canting on the larger models.

A couple of years ago, after writing Mark a letter and bugging the sales folks on the phone a few times, I finally got them to sell me three of the LT706 mounts, but they insisted I send the bipods in to them to have the mounts installed. I think the price was around $75-80 each. I know that a few other folks have tried to get Larue to sell these separately (including an Army SF guy) and they have remained stubborn about it. Its worth a try though. Maybe if enough folks complain about it, Mark will relent.

The LaRue LT706 is the best (by far), but they only offer it as a combination package with a Harris bipod. If you need both the bipod and the mount, this is the way to go. If you already have a Harris bipod, it is a pretty expensive way to get the best picatinny mount. Rather than adapting the Harris to a Picatinny rail, the Larue LT706 mount replaces the mounting components of the Harris bipod. The result is lighter and lower profile. It works great on the 6-9" and 9-13" bipods, but it interferes with the canting on the larger models.

A couple of years ago, after writing Mark a letter and bugging the sales folks on the phone a few times, I finally got them to sell me three of the LT706 mounts, but they insisted I send the bipods in to them to have the mounts installed. I think the price was around $75-80 each. I know that a few other folks have tried to get Larue to sell these separately (including an Army SF guy) and they have remained stubborn about it. Its worth a try though. Maybe if enough folks complain about it, Mark will relent.

rmfield,

That is more what I'm looking for! One of the things I don't want is to use the factory Harris to sling swivel stud mount. Looks like a weak point to me. Thanks for the heads up on the Larue. I do already have 2 Harris bipods. Was wanting them to switch between 2 rifles each. Keep the input coming, J

Take a look at Alamo Four Star's DLOC-S or do a search for it here and you will find some good pictures of it. It is rock solid and replaces the swivel mount piece on the Harris. My stock harris broke a weld on the swivel mount during a match and a fellow shooter loaned me his with the DLOC and I was sold.

You can buy it without a new bipod.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Silverbullet2: I just checked out the Alamo Four Star DLOC-S and I will have to say that it seems to compare with the Larue favorably. The DLOC-S in its current form did not exist when I bought the LT706. The DLOC-S does not have the lever locking system, but it does replace the Harris mounting components and allow for a lower profile. I like the Larue, but I would give the Alamo a hard look at this point - especially if you can't get the LT706 without the "combo" package.

The DLOC-S comes with a knob that works like a pod lock. I did not use it and was able to use my KMW pod lock with no modifications.

I use mine on an AICS chassis with a Bog Dog Steel AI spigot. The whole spigot comes off quickly if needed. The DLOC is just a matter of loosening the thumbscrew and pressing the thumbscrew to release it from the rail.

Last edited:
FWIW, I tried a knob but prefer the KMW Pod-Loc. It gives you the leverage to make small adjustments to the cant tension from a shooting position with just your fingertips. Avoid the Pod-Loc imitations.

Thanks, rmfield, I called up Larue and they didn't even quibble about buying the LT706 separate. It is the most expensive mount on the market from what I've seen. 120.00 a copy. I sure hope they blow my skirt up! Everybody bashes on the ARMS lever, but I really like how it mounts to the Harris bipod. I have had many a ARMS throw lever mount of everything under the sun, back in the day, and never had a problem. Thanks to all who joined in, Jason

UPDATE, I got the Larue bipod QD mount, and I must say, they are everything and more. If your in need of one, pay the piper, you will not be disappointed. J