• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is your favorite folding knife?

Fulton

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2017
I am finding a high quality folding knife for outdoor. Can you recommend?

Benchmade Rukus if you can find one used. They discontinued them several years back.

I have huge hands, but I love the Benchmade Adamas

Benchmade 810SBK Contego

Attachments

• photo66546.jpg
    photo66546.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 54
Benchmade Griptillian Awesome relatively inexpensive high quality pocket knife that is durable and very functional.

Benchmade Griptillian Awesome relatively inexpensive high quality pocket knife that is durable and very functional.

^^^ This! (or any other Benchmade flavor of your choosing...) The Axis locking mechanism is without peer, IMHO. I have others, including a number of ZT, but its the Grip or Mini Grip that's in my pocket daily ;).

What the fuck are yall using a sebenza and delica for "outdoors"?......sharpening sticks and cutting twine?

if im outdoors, i usually have a fixed blade......but when i carry folders.....im using a buck 110 to clean duck....or a cold steel voyager for anything hard use

Benchmade Triage with semi serrated sheep foot blade... Most practical work knife I've ever owned.

Currently carrying a Benchmade Griptilian. Good knife. I have a love for old Buck Odysseys (discontinued), but that Benchmade Contego previously mentioned has got my attention.

As someone above mentioned...for general outdoor use the best folder is the venerable Buck 110. It hasn't stayed on most top 10 lists of outdoor folding knives for 50 years without good reason.
Holds an edge well. What is most important (IMO) is just that it is so darned comfortable. Just spent 10 days in the backwoods. You can whittle kindling and such for extended periods without the knife getting painful to use. Why I don't use any of my tactical folders for this kind of work is that the handle are so slim that when you put downward chopping/whittling pressure on them they become very painful to palm. Not so with the buck.

Reactions: MJF
EDC = mini grip with the Pardue blade. Spyder Co H1 when I'm on the water.

Last edited:
What the fuck are yall using a sebenza and delica for "outdoors"?......sharpening sticks and cutting twine?

if im outdoors, i usually have a fixed blade......but when i carry folders.....im using a buck 110 to clean duck....or a cold steel voyager for anything hard use

I hear you on that. Even the newer Cold Steel that have higher quality steel are affordable and decent quality. Good outdoor work knives.

For a compact EDC folder, I like the Kershaw Leek. Mine has the composite blade.

https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/leek-composite-blackwash

Last edited:
My outdoor folders are either an XM-18 3.5" or one of my ZeroTolerance knives. Most of the ZT Hinderer collaborations are pretty bulletproof like the originals. Their knives are overbuilt and they use good steel. I also have a couple of Striders for hard use, one SnG and one SMF. Very tough knives, and no BS, unlike their founder...

I'm carrying a Kershaw shallot right now. They're half decent steel, assisted opening, and fairly priced on eBay New.

Also, first post here. You will find me by this name elsewhere...

I've had a Columbia river knife & tool m16 that I've had for about 15 years. I love it. It was a birthday gift when I was in high school.

When it comes to finding the right folding knife, there are a lot of factors to consider. Some of you may be looking for a compact knife that they can easily carry in their pocket, while others may be more interested in a larger knife that can handle heavier tasks. Here is a folding knife that I would recommend to EDC enthusiast:

I switch between a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 for evenings out, dinner, etc. and a Benchmade Barrage for work or field

Reactions: Taylorbok
While I have many top-end knives like Microtech, Heretic, some $300 Spyderco’s that I mainly just collect, I did used to carry a Microtech Troodon everyday , until the pocket clip screw/tungsten glass breaker stripped out of the back of it. I’ll eventually fix it someday.

For daily duty I don’t carry an expensive knife, for obvious reasons, but I do carry a good knife that holds an edge, and is strong. So I carry the Gerber Flatiron. Large size, big blade w/ a thick backbone, holds an edge well, and only costs $40 to replace it. 👍🏼

When it comes to finding the right folding knife, there are a lot of factors to consider. Some of you may be looking for a compact knife that they can easily carry in their pocket, while others may be more interested in a larger knife that can handle heavier tasks. Here is a folding knife that I would recommend to EDC enthusiast:

BOT ALERT
I switch between a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 for evenings out, dinner, etc. and a Benchmade Barrage for work or field

While I have many top-end knives like Microtech, Heretic, some $300 Spyderco’s that I mainly just collect, I did used to carry a Microtech Troodon everyday , until the pocket clip screw/tungsten glass breaker stripped out of the back of it. I’ll eventually fix it someday.

For daily duty I don’t carry an expensive knife, for obvious reasons, but I do carry a good knife that holds an edge, and is strong. So I carry the Gerber Flatiron. Large size, big blade w/ a thick backbone, holds an edge well, and only costs $40 to replace it. 👍🏼
Arise dead thread.png

Benchmade Mini Griptilian. Opening of a Spyderco, less than 3 inches and not assisted opening for Commie States. Great grip hence the name.

CRKT M16-02 Classic. Loved my Benchmade, but did not like having such an expensive knife around a lot of kids.

Good edge and I like the secondary lock.

Currently my favorite folder is the Benchmade Bailout 537SGY-1. As with others, it changes over time, still have and love the simplicity and inexpense of my Gerber Paraframe in camo.

Carry all the high dollar knives you want till you lose it or it walks away.
Then go buy a reasonably priced EDC you know 30-40-50.00 one.
Wear it out then go buy another one.
Been there, had a Microtech stolen, long story short, ended up getting it back after searching a coworker's vehicle when he asked me to take his keys and move it. I just had a gut feeling, and I was right. After that, I started carrying sub-$100 knives daily. Typically sub-$75 knives. Like you said, wear one out, or break it, or lose it, go buy another one. Losing a $400+ knife sucks.

Carry all the high dollar knives you want till you lose it or it walks away.
Then go buy a reasonably priced EDC you know 30-40-50.00 one.
Wear it out then go buy another one.
I haven't lost any high dollar ones yet but I'm usually away from the house "thinking" that I brought it with me and am frantic for 5-10 minutes until I realize it's at home.

I haven't lost any high dollar ones yet but I'm usually away from the house "thinking" that I brought it with me and am frantic for 5-10 minutes until I realize it's at home.
I used to feel that way about sunglasses. I lost or trashed them all the time. Cheap ones.

When I bought my first set of Oakleys I learned to take care of them. I discovered that I never trashed or lost them. I established a couple of rules. Never set them where someone could stand or sit. The “10 step look-back. When leaving a spot walk 10 steps, stop and look at where you just left, scanning for anything left behind. At home they have a “place” and I always bring a carry case in the field.

So began a long history of being able to buy nice things and not lose them. With pocket knives I try never to set them down. Deploy, use and back in my pocket. This may mean deploying a couple of times during a task but I don’t lose knives.

Recently Airtags have become my friend. My Kestrel 5700x has one (magnet removed). I will likely put one on custom my hunting Knife lanyard due here in March.

I like my zero tolarence 0450 and used it to field dress a elk this year when I was helping another guy after he shot his first elk.

The edge held up great, but taking it down to clean and oil it after was a pita.

Usually rotate between a Al Mar mini sere 2k, benchmade something, or my zero tolarence 0450.