• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Jeep forum?

This is not jeep specific but this is the closest to the hide for off roading that I know of.

There are lots of rock crawlers on it.....so that's always from a certain perspective. I used to hang there for a bit. Lots of good mod info there.

Reactions: Weatherby_Eyebrow
It’s been awhile but I think pirate even had a nice thread on a guy who was building AK’s out of junkyard parts or something along those lines.

It’s been awhile but I think pirate even had a nice thread on a guy who was building AK’s out of junkyard parts or something along those lines.
That would be USMCDoc14. For those who have never visited, Pirate makes this place look like Sesame Street. Well, until the Canadians took over, then it mellowed out since most of the members moved on. I'm still very active there.

Reactions: Ravenworks
That would be USMCDoc14. For those who have never visited, Pirate makes this place look like Sesame Street. Well, until the Canadians took over, then it mellowed out since most of the members moved on. I'm still very active there.

I’m sure that’s the one, like I said, it’s been awhile but I got a lot of good ideas and tips when I still had a TJ.

What kind of "Jeep" site are you after??????

General everything site with members who have the organization of a poo fight in a monkey pen????? Pirate4x4. Actually a good panacea site with good tech across all platforms/uses. USMCDoc14 parts washer using old dishwasher great example of cross content. Dana 60 bible, 3 and 4 link calculators

Actual "Jeep" specific....... 63-85 full size, I liked fsjnetwork after ifsja started having big reliability issues. Anything post 97 (TJ on up) I dont think it really matters as 95% of the tech and write up is bolt on because well our male population has been reduced to thinking I used a rachet therefore I fabbed........ I'm a fabricator........yay! Lots of love for the LED light bars and XD/Rockstar wheels. Not my thing so I can only comment why I didnt browse on those site.

I’m a LandCruiser guy but Pirate4x4 used to have a lot of good knowledge. Been a few years since I was active there.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/

I did a Cummins conversion and found a lot of good technical info on Pirate4x4 (driveline angles, ujoint/cv carrier bearing placement, transfer cases, etc)

If you have a JK or JL, TJ, etc wranglerforum has both the good and bad, a detailed specific question usually gets you an educated answer.
Lot's of like new take-off parts on that site (like a new set of Rubicon wheels/tires for $800), you can't get the rubber for that price.

Pirate if you're actually doing the building yourself.

Any number of sites with the word Jeep in the name if you just want to bolt on parts.

As someone who just ordered a Rubicon unlimited last week, Im curious to know too. I signed up at Wrangler forum, but looking for others.

Just remember just on any site, like here...... You can ask a question like I am thinking about this lift, tire, etc. You will get lots of opinions. invalid opinions........

If you want a good idea of the crap that goes on...... pull up Project Jungle Rot on pirate4x4 and read the asshats that made comments on something they 1. were not asked 2. knew nothing about (gas vs Diesel build plans). The cheiftan of the asshats ended up being wrong. Even contacted the guy after the build to show how wrong he was and wished him a life of Herpes for being such a tool in my build thread.

Jungle Rot was my old M715 compounded turbod Cummins expedition style rig.

Anywho, thick skin, vet your advice, maybe some tinfoil depending on the person.

Reactions: QuickNDirty
Just remember just on any site, like here...... You can ask a question like I am thinking about this lift, tire, etc. You will get lots of opinions. invalid opinions........

If you want a good idea of the crap that goes on...... pull up Project Jungle Rot on pirate4x4 and read the asshats that made comments on something they 1. were not asked 2. knew nothing about (gas vs Diesel build plans). The cheiftan of the asshats ended up being wrong. Even contacted the guy after the build to show how wrong he was and wished him a life of Herpes for being such a tool in my build thread.

Jungle Rot was my old M715 compounded turbod Cummins expedition style rig.

Anywho, thick skin, vet your advice, maybe some tinfoil depending on the person.

Yeah that entire place should be considered the bear pit without moderation of any sort most of the time.

Reactions: QuickNDirty