• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What kind of accuracy from DTA SRS?

bward

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
What kind of accuracy can you get out of the DTA SRS? Also, is anyone shooting it in 6br, 6.5-280, 6x47 etc.. What is the lightest you can get the trigger down to and does it have any creep in it? Thanks for the help.

Re: What kind of accuracy from DTA SRS?

I'm a novice. But the control group shot after zeroing DTA SRS in 308 at 96m (lased
smile.gif
) was of one-cent size and had all the bullet holes touching (practically no spread vertically, some spread horizontally).

I don't think I can drive this rifle to its limit (yet
wink.gif
). So somebody with greater skills and experience can do better.

I shot a .3 and change group a week ago with my .308 barrel. I average around .5-6 when I shoot prone/bench at a 100.

Still working out a load for my 260 best so far is .6ish, but I'm still working on the load/bullet selection.

The test target for my 260 barrel is .19 for a 142smk, and .21 for a 139 scenar.

American Precision Arms aka APA on here.

Barrel is around 400.
Chambering etc is 375.
Installing and timing a break is $125.
Then you'll need a Barrel Extension from DTA, which is 400.

So your looking at around 1300 ish all together. Assuming you have the .308/.243 bolt already from DTA>

Granted if you wanted a 6.5-284 there's one on the market for about 900 I think on the Forsale here now.

I saw the 6.5-280 barrel. Still not sure if I'm going to spring for the SRS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw the 6.5-280 barrel. Still not sure if I'm going to spring for the SRS. </div></div>
It's a <span style="text-decoration: underline">huge</span> chunk of money. Answering to yourself the following questions might help:

1. Do you like or hate bullpup design? <span style="font-style: italic">I love them - for many reasons - so for me it was a pushing factor, you may have different needs and opinions.</span>

2. Do you care for the ability to add/change calibers (including "rapidly in the field") on one platform (one scope, silencer, brake, etc)? <span style="font-style: italic">I like my equipment to be capable of anything I can (reasonably) think of - but on my limited resources, so for me DTA SRS's extendability mattered a lot. You may have other needs and resources.</span>

If I wanted only one caliber I'd probably keep polishing my Rem 700, that probably outshoots me even off-the-shelf, not to mention those small improvements like AICS stock (thanks, SRT!) and trigger job (thanks, Hogstooth!). If I were rich enough to buy a complete separate platform for each caliber I care to practice with (which necessarily includes a good enough - therefore expensive - piece of glass), again I might have chosen a set of platforms other than DTA. And if my body frame was large enough that AICS with 26" barrel felt comfortable in my hands in any other position than "prone supported" - I probably wouldn't've learned to enjoy bullpup rifles as much as I do now. As it is - I love the facts that (a) I can use a precise rifle; (b) this rifle balances better than any other bolt rifle I tried and is shorter than any precision rifle I know of; (c) adding another caliber is around $1200-$1600 and I keep everything else the same - including scope and rings, (d) I only need to develop "affinity" with one rifle, one trigger mechanism specifics, one cheek-weld... Now the last one isn't exactly true - as until I sell that AICS I'll practice with it too, and there's that 22LR rifle that's so helpful in making range visits more affordable - including bringing the range to my backyard with subsonic ammo; and in general I like to maintain "familiarity" with other systems - such as SVD/PSL, etc. But I'm sure you get my points.

Yes I get what your saying. And the small compact design and ability to have various calibers is what I like best about the gun. Does anyone in the OKC area have one that I could handle before I plop down the cash for one?