• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what kind of bino's you guys using?

Subxero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2012
PA
I picked up a pair of travelite 8-24x25mm year ago, more for fun cuz i have never seen to many bino's with zoom.

But i have to say i have been nothing but impressed with this thing.

surprisingly clear for the money...even at max magnification they are useful. .

i think they run like $150 or so.

I have used them to spot for my friends on occasion with decent results.

P.S. i have never owned an high end set of bino's so i don't have much to compare to.

Re: what kind of bino's you guys using?

Vortex Diamondbacks.

Cheap, good, durable and lifetime warranty.

I mostly use mine at night in an urban environment. I am still amazed at how good they are. I have grabbed some of my coworkers binos on occasion and realized I am spoiled on the ones I have. There ARE better binos out there. I am not sure you can find better for cheaper.

To sweeten it more, I got mine from Cameraland NY when they had the factory "seconds". The only defect was a tiny blemish in the rubber armor (black got in the coyote).

For hunting and lowlight, I use a pair of Steiner 7 X 50s that I've had for a long time.

I use a pair of Swarovski 10x40's that I have had for about 10 years. I dropped them out of the stand about 5 years ago and cracked one of the lenses. Sent it back to Swaro and they fixed it in about a month. It cost me about $5 in shipping to fix. That is why I use their glass, it is a lifetime investment and they stand by it.

Canon 10X image stabilized. Great for spotting trace.

Leica 10 x 25 compact Trinovid's. They are all over eBay used (how I got mine) for relatively cheap ($300-350). Less if you watch for sets w.out box/papers. Amazing glass. Built like brick outhouse. Tiny and light.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Pioneer M24 for the past 15 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Canon 10X image stabilized. Great for spotting trace. </div></div>

Very true. It's really all you need for spotting in day time tactical situations. And double AA's are common enough (as well as cheap enough).

Zeiss Conquest 10x50T

Vortex Viper 10x42

The Vortex were a lot cheaper than the Zeiss and aren't too far off when it comes to performance.

zeiss 10x25 victory compacts, guys have listed some great glass here and I can't argue with them. but, for me the big full size glass got left in the truck or gear bag because I got tired of the weight and swinging object bouncing off my chest and scope when in running situations. With the compacts they fit in a breast pocket, are always there and cause fewer problems. Admittedly image quality and/ or brightness is sacrificed, which is good reason to go with top end glass here. Hope this helps

Vortex 6.5x32 fury, vortex 8x42 viper (non HD), Swaro 8x50 slc and a hand fully of blue light specials from 20 years ago that are all crap.

Leica 8X32. 20ozs with great resolution and low light performance

Swarov 12X50 EL's... i know now why they have the osprey as their logo, cause i'm seein shit others don't.

Nikon Monarch ATB 10x40. I've had them for about six years now and couldn't be happier with them under all kinds of varied use (primarily hunting). I'll eventually save up for a pair of Swaro's, but these are hard to beat at that price point.

Just picked up a pair of Leupold 10x50 Military today with the TMR reticle.

LINK

Nikon ATB 10 power. They are fantastic for the price. I had a pair of swaros in 10by50. They were great but quite heavy. That was why I sold them.

Vortex Viper 8x42 for work.
Swaro EL 10X42 for pleasure and serious work.

I just picked up a pair of the orange BV 10 x 42's from Minox that Cameralandny has on special. They had a Presidents Day sale price of 149 from a sugested retail of $359. I got them to give them to my mom for her birthday. They are ugly but awesome. To put this in context, I personally use 7 X 50 EDR's or Habicht 7 X 42's, and my brother uses Zeiss Victories. The Minox deal is too good to miss.

Minox BL 10x42 BR, been impressed with them over several years as a frikken good optic for the price. I was shooting in VA and borrowed a pair, being impressed, I purchased my own the next week. Maybe there is better stuff out now in the a $350 price point. Nothing I compared it to made me want to swap.

I will add that they have been ignored lately as a on-top truck dash feature for a lesser, cheaper, faster, Vortex Solo R/T monocular. Also easier in the coat as added tethered optic gear. I only bought it to get a better discount in a Liberty Optics deal and ended up really liking it.

Vortex Viper 10x42's here. I friggin' love em too.

Very, very impressed with the Vortexes for a pair of $500 binos.

Leica Geovid 10x42 for when I need ranging and Zeiss Victory 10x32 when I don't. Both are crystal clear and the little Zeiss have really impressive clarity and low light performance for the size. I enjoy the really good hand held glass and less eye fatigue but it was the last thing I spent money on as I could afford better gear. I still have the Nikon ATB 10x42's I used for years before I could afford the high end stuff. They are still in good shape after much use and my son uses them now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leica 10x42 Geovid HD's </div></div>

+1

I personally have come to the conclusion that one pair of binos does not meet all of my needs. I have a small pair of Zeiss Conquest Compact 8x20. I carry these when bow hunting, varmint calling, Turkey hunting ETC. basically any time where I am trying to keep gear to a minimum, and when i know i will not have to be looking at anything to deatiled EX. field judging a whitetail.

For a little bit bigger I have Swarovski EL 8x42 these are my most common binos. (LOVE THEM) these go with me if I am deer hunting or similar. They have an emaculate clarity to them.

for times that i will be hunting very open areas like a prong horn situation or just any prairie land. I have a good solid pair of 15x50's that i carry normally in conjunction with the Compact Conquests. makes it very easy to spot and judge at long distances then leave behind if I go in for a long stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Minox BL 10x42 BR, been impressed with them over several years as a frikken good optic for the price. I was shooting in VA and borrowed a pair, being impressed, I purchased my own the next week. Maybe there is better stuff out now in the a $350 price point. Nothing I compared it to made me want to swap.

</div></div>

I have these in the 8x model....got them from Doug at cameraland on one of their demo deals....paid a little over 200$. They are literally amazing for that price and I could buy another pair in a second. I wish my 700$ Bushnell LRF binos had glass that clear.

by the time this hunting season starts I plan to get my hands on a swarovski EL 10x42 range. figure when you buy good you only buy it once.