• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What kind of Data Book do you us?

PhilaMike

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2011
Phila, PA
What kind of Data Book do you use and what makes that one work for you from the multitude of options available?

Re: What kind of Data Book do you us?

Why Impact Data Books of course! www.impactdatabooks.com Look at their web page and the multitude of options for pages that you can use to make your book. It's a total custom book where you can make what you need. Different paper types, different targets as well as all the tools you need. It's one stop hopping. Also if you keep an eye in this section of the Hide Tony usually puts up monthly specials and discount codes.

I use a "US Tactical Supply" because it was issued to me. It has a binder that allows me to take out and add pages as I need to as well as a wealth of shooting information. I have used others in the past as well as making my own. The trick is to find one that works for you and use it. If I were buying it myself I would go with one of the Hide vendors. I have not found a logbook that was so superior and unique that it stook in a class by itself. You are going to find they all have similar features with slightly different formats. Look at a few online and see which format suits you best. I like the smaller versions of logbooks. I like pages that allow me to draw my own target, and I use a template to keep it neat. Pages for round count, tracking your cold bore zero, range cards, movers and notes are all nice. Add a few information pages that include formulas, the sizes of targets, ballistic data, etc.. that you may use for a quick reference should you need it. Write in the rain paper is a definite plus. I like to have all this wrapped up in a cover that will protect it and hold a few other things used with it at the range, like a pen, the above mentioned template, a Mildot Master etc.

I picked up one from Mark at StormTactical.com and the FDAC cards from Tony at ImpactDataBooks.com. I've been happy with both.

I use the pocket size Impact Data Book. Being a hobbyist it is really convenient to be able to build the book specific to my needs. I also like the various blank pages since I shoot a lot of different targets.

I also recommend picking up a cover. I have one from 8541 Tactical that is very well made. Helps keep all the odds and ends together.

Ok. Good advice all around...

I think I have it narrowed between either IDB or Storm Tactical... I like that the IDB version has an option to get the whole setup at once, with all the cards and conversions etc.

I'm using one printed from the pages at Shooting Voodoo.com. Once I know what I want/need I'll probably just order new pages from impact data.

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why Impact Data Books of course! www.impactdatabooks.com Look at their web page and the multitude of options for pages that you can use to make your book. It's a total custom book where you can make what you need. Different paper types, different targets as well as all the tools you need. It's one stop hopping. Also if you keep an eye in this section of the Hide Tony usually puts up monthly specials and discount codes. </div></div>

+1

Started by making my own using templates and photoshop. Then it got to be a pain in the ass making new pages. Then I lost my pages and templates so rather than start again from scratch I converted to Impact Data Books. Now I spend more time shooting than messing with the computer.

Nomad is a good dude and if theres a page idea you have or a reticle page you need he will get it produced if he doesnt have it already.

Rich

+1 for IDB. If they don't have what you need, they'll make it.

I'm going to order the IDB version.

I can't seem to find the promo code for this month... Does the all in one kit get monthly discounts often?

Mike

I use a US Tactical Supply because, as Driftwood said, "That's what I was issued" and that's what we currently have.

When I run out of pages or I can get us to upgrade, it will be an Impact Data book. They have a lot more flexibility and they keep coming up with new pages and innovations that make the current system just seem... quaint.

US Tactical is OK. No complaints. But IMHO the Impact books are the state of the art.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Get a hold of Mark at Storm Tactical without a doubt. Great product and great service.

Good luck,
Merritt

Storm Tactical!! Great books and they support AmericanSnipers.org. Mark is top notch. Great CS!!

Rob01 - Thanks.

Order placed today... now its just a waiting game.

Great choice. I got mine earlier this month and it has everything you need and more in it. I am very happy with IDB.

Impact Data Books and they have pages for anything that you would need.

Just got my order yesterday...

All I can say is that it's a good thing I ordered the RNR pages... cause I've been drooling all over this thing!

Thanks everyone for your imput and especially NOMAD and IDB!

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support.

I am also glad everyone is enjoying their books!!